GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Radio wont turn on

I already searched and went thru all the threads and couldnt find anything.

I left my lights on in the car over night and my battery died. In the morning I tryed starting my car and ofcoarse it was dead. So my friend came over with jumper cable and we hooked it up to the car battery i was about to go inside to turn my car on and my friend says " ooo my bad i hooked it up wrong". He fixes it, i started my car and went to a gas station. At first windows didnt go down automaticly, cruise control and radio didnt work. On the way back from the gas station everything went back to normal but the radio wouldnt turn on.

I checked every fuse. The fuse behind the radio was burnt so i had to replace but the radio still doesnt work. All the wires are connected. What else can it be?

spartanrabbit09

ask me about my wiener
Car(s)
09 Rabbit
When I took my radio out to change the fuse i disconnected the wires from the radio and checked if there was any electricity running from the wires with the tester and tester showed 0's. Is there anything else I can check? Or what else could i have burned?

wireb

Just a noob with a welder
There are at least 2 more fuses.
1 set is on the back of the radio
the next set is in the fuse block inside the drivers side door on the dash
the last set is under the hood in the fuse block there.

Depending on the year and options the location and # varies.

Since you jumped it backwards I would just go through every fuse in the blocks and verify none are blown.

marcus016

I just had a problem with my radio being dead. I was installing the volk-l kit. I checked all of the fuses and even tried the radio in an eos, where it worked. The car and everything else seemed to work just fine. I disconnected the main battery for 30 minutes and it worked.

RP3

I just had this issue as well after a tow company tried to jump my battery (the tow was for a left front axle that catastrophically failed on a night ride home—original tow driver never showed up and my hazards depleted the battery over night).

Checked the fuse box in the engine bay (fuses F19 and F50 I believe), I only had F19 connected and it was fine. I checked fuse 17 box in the driver’s side panel which was also fine.

I followed the Pelican Parts walkthrough on removing the stereo and sure enough after replacing the fuse on the back of the stereo, it was back in action.

The fuse on the back is a 10A ATM.

Just make sure you disconnect the battery first since you might have to disconnect the passenger airbag wiring harness. I also had a couple dash lights come up after reconnecting the battery after the fix (power steering and ESP) but the fuses were fine and the lights disappeared after a minute of driving.