GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help with Ignition!

thegoattt

2007 Rabbit, auto.My key has gotten stuck in my ignition. I can start the car, drive, turn car off. But, key will not come out and steering wheel will not lock. I have done a few things as suggested on the interwebs, flick key forward, rengage transmission lever. shoved into park as far as it will go. Automatic by the way. Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

vwengineer

Ready to race!
2007 Rabbit, auto.My key has gotten stuck in my ignition. I can start the car, drive, turn car off. But, key will not come out and steering wheel will not lock. I have done a few things as suggested on the interwebs, flick key forward, rengage transmission lever. shoved into park as far as it will go. Automatic by the way. Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
I had this problem on a BMW, turns out you had to move the steering wheel a bit until the steering lock engaged (made a click) then you could get the key out (never had to do that on my VW btw but you can try)

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion

Thanks.

Sounds like a steering lock housing issue.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Did you scan this car for DTCs, problem maybe with shifter, steering wheel control module, or lock solenoid N376 at ignition housing.