2009 VW GTI
Wheels arrived!

Wheels are THIS wide

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
More updates!

i was going to try and rush to get tires put on the new wheels as the current tires on my OEM wheels were going out. Well, I got a flat and ended up replacing all of them but I went with all season tires with great tread life for commuting.
I will hold off and snag the 245x40x15 Maxxis tires sometime next month as I shouldnt be driving extreme summer tires in the cold anyways.

I also took the miata in to get an alignment done as well as get the upgrade tie rod ends (helps correct for bump steer) and a rear subframe brace.
Car feels sooooooooooooooooooo much better with a proper alignment. I brought in the specs claimed to be the best from Flyin Miata as well as 949 racing street and street/strip alignment specs and came up with a hodgepodge of what my current suspension would allow.
Turns out I couldnt get he car corner balanced due to my suspension basically being as high as it can go and I need to add the additional (optional) helper springs that came with the kit but the PO sold me. Going to buy and install the helpers, and lower the car about half an inch. Will take the miata back in once I get the tires on the wheels and the fenders rolled so I can get the car corner balanced with the racek0r wheels on.
Now all I need is some track time!!

P.S. if you need your fenders rolled/pulled in the KC/STL area I bought a fender roller and will rent it out.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
bitches love my large..... images

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Finally got around to ordering a new set of speakers and headunit for the Miata.
The passenger side speakers keep cutting out so Im hoping new speakers will solve the problem and I dont have to rewire it, but if I do that shouldnt be a big deal.
Going to put in a full 8" midbass and 1" tweeters.
I bought foam inserts that the midbass will sit in so that should protect them from the elements and the tweeters have aluminum cones so that should be fairly weather resistant. Im toying with the idea of getting a small amp to power all of that, we'll see how they sound on the new headunit (22watt output per channel). Also going to touch up the sound deadener in the doors whiel I got everything ripped apart. I just did a full stereo install in my g/fs truck last weekend and have plenty of leftovers so I can touch anything up as needed.
Should have the stereo installed this weekend or next (weather permitting!). Im hoping to get it wrapped up this Saturday so I can cruise to Import Face Off in Wichita this Sunday. :headbang:

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Miata stereo install was a success!

Stereo sounds elevenybillion times better now and I can stream bluetooth from my phone! huzzah

I still need to fine tune in everything but so far I have turned up the mid and bass a little bit and turned the trebble down.
If I were to do it all over again I think I would have went with a really nice midrange rather than a midbass

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Took advantage of the 3 day weekend and good weather, dropped off the Miata wheels at the local race shop and ordered the tires and had them shipped straight to the shop. Tires arrive today and I should pick them up tomorrow or Thursday.

In order to clear the 15x10 wheels and 245x40x15 tires I needed to roll the fenders so I got to WERK

(check that shit out, I figured out how to resize images to a "happy" size)

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Weather was great this weekend so I got back to werk and threw the wheels and tires on!

Picked them up from the shop! Santa Fe in Independence MO is super kickass. The tech even came over to talk to me about the miata and what my plans and goals were for it. They have a shop miata and they were curious about the wheel and tire combo.

Little bit of extra traction....

Test fit on the car pre fender roll/pull, def going to need some work....

INSTALLED

LIKE A GLOVE

My fav pic:

$$$$$$$ shot #skeetskeetskeet

Overall the car drives GREAT!
I was expecting it to feel a lot more sluggish with the extra contact patch and stickier compound, but I am guessing the weight loss (YES 15x10+245/40/15 weights less than the OEM wheel/tire combo) makes up for that.
I promptly took the car out and thrashed it on back roads for an hour and I didn't have ANY issues! It surprised me I didnt hear ANY rubbing at all, I guess the extra camber really helped. I thought at a bare minimum I would have had to dial the dampening up a notch or two.
However on my way in to work this morning there are two BIG bumps in the highway and when I hit it in my commute this morning I could hear rub from the driver side front... I think I know the culprit but Im not sure if I can address it without professional help. There is a tab where the fender liner would bolt up and when you go to roll/pull your fender you are supposed to cut it. Well I cut it but it seemed to pinch the metal in and created a bit of a inward pinch mark. Im hoping regular use will form the metal. Im not really concerned with how it looks (#racecar) but I might have my friend at a metal fab shop have a go at it to fix it up eventually.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
GOLF MKV OGs IN DA HAUS! hahahaha

In other news, met up with my friend who has a Mazdaspeed Miata (factory 1.8 with a turbo). He does a LOT of AX and recently installed Sparco Rev seat and I wanted to test fit it. Since we are the same size I fit, but unfortunately there aint a lot of cushion in the seat and theres not a lot of room to fit a bigger seat with more cushion in a tiny friggin miata. Guess I will pass on the bucket seat =\

wtf, it wont link the 1st image, but can link the 2nd one...

just forgot, linking from google photos doesn't work. crap.
Oh well Ill get around to uploading to imgur sometime.
Not a whole lot of updates on the miata anyways.