GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Technical Discussions > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust
CTS Turbo

Old 06-14-2018, 10:40 AM   #1
Cjpolokid
Ready to race!

Drives: White and black
Oil change every 1k

My car burn so much oil itís not even funny I literally gotta get a oil change every 1k but I check the exhaust it no blue smoke coming out or any leaks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cjpolokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:39 PM   #2
golfballer78
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 08'.:R32
What type are you using? It should be euro spec synthetic
golfballer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:57 PM   #3
Cjpolokid
Ready to race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfballer78 View Post
What type are you using? It should be euro spec synthetic

I used the one esc tuning sell I duMp the whole 5 quart in the motor cause I was upset and now itís at minimum last oil change was at 84,590 now Iím at 86,000

Old 06-15-2018, 12:16 AM   #4
eurocars
5/17/15 - Never forget

Drives: GTI
Send a message via AIM to eurocars
Leak down test?
Old 06-15-2018, 01:43 AM   #5
ROH ECHT
K04 PLAY

Drives: 2007 mkv gti
ECS's Castrol Edge? It is only 51% to 70% synthetic. At this point, even 100% synthetic won't fix this, but you should consider 100% synthetic from now on. When you see "Full Synthetic" it means the oil is greater than 50% synthetic. Try LiquiMoly 5w40, NAPA carries it...it is 100% syn. You are likely now losing oil through the valve guides and seals...and will begin smoking noticeably when a ring is shot. I suggest you begin putting money aside...will cost almost $500 for a head rebuild which will include new seals and guides for the valves...but you will need more for any labor if not DoingIY.
GIAC K04&DSG files/AWE DV/Autotech HPFP/Torqbyte PM3/TTRS LPFP/S3 INJ's&fmic/RS4 fprv/FORGE fmtc,WG act.&TB HOSE/Techtonics TB/Custom Turbo Outlet/BSH Mounts/NEUS. P-FLO&throttle pipe/13.2"BBK/W.A.L.K./H&R SS/H&R F&R-ARB's/Bilstein B8 Dampers My Dragtime link-GIAC tune2007 Volkswagen GTI : 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH
ROH ECHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 02:43 AM   #6
vwengineer
Touring Car Champion

Drives: Golf 5 GTI (stock AXX)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjpolokid View Post
I used the one esc tuning sell I duMp the whole 5 quart in the motor cause I was upset and now itís at minimum last oil change was at 84,590 now Iím at 86,000

Well between max and min there is only 1 quart so that would be a quart for 1k miles which is within VW tolerance...
vwengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:37 AM   #7
Cjpolokid
Ready to race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROH ECHT View Post
ECS's Castrol Edge? It is only 51% to 70% synthetic. At this point, even 100% synthetic won't fix this, but you should consider 100% synthetic from now on. When you see "Full Synthetic" it means the oil is greater than 50% synthetic. Try LiquiMoly 5w40, NAPA carries it...it is 100% syn. You are likely now losing oil through the valve guides and seals...and will begin smoking noticeably when a ring is shot. I suggest you begin putting money aside...will cost almost $500 for a head rebuild which will include new seals and guides for the valves...but you will need more for any labor if not DoingIY.

Smoke from where ?

Old 06-15-2018, 08:37 AM   #8
Cjpolokid
Ready to race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurocars View Post
Leak down test?

No imma get one done sometimes this week

Old 06-15-2018, 12:47 PM   #9
ROH ECHT
K04 PLAY

Smoke would be visible out the exhaust when a ring/s is shot...bad valve guides and seals wouldn't smoke noticeably unless they were very badly worn. I had both "bad guides/seals" and "a ring stuck in one piston". Mine smoked badly when I would let off the throttle and coast while in a low gear...and then if I had given it near full throttle some time just before coming to a stop, and would smoke badly when I would take off from the stop. Finally got it taken apart and found the valve stem guides and seals needed replacing, but also had oily combustion chambers in cylinders #3 and #4 which pointed to taking the pistons out for inspection only to find the stuck ring in piston number four. I replaced piston-4, all the rings and rod bearings.

Yes...do the leak-down...a compression test may show something as well.
GIAC K04&DSG files/AWE DV/Autotech HPFP/Torqbyte PM3/TTRS LPFP/S3 INJ's&fmic/RS4 fprv/FORGE fmtc,WG act.&TB HOSE/Techtonics TB/Custom Turbo Outlet/BSH Mounts/NEUS. P-FLO&throttle pipe/13.2"BBK/W.A.L.K./H&R SS/H&R F&R-ARB's/Bilstein B8 Dampers My Dragtime link-GIAC tune2007 Volkswagen GTI : 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH
Old 06-17-2018, 10:30 AM   #10
Cjpolokid
Ready to race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROH ECHT View Post
Smoke would be visible out the exhaust when a ring/s is shot...bad valve guides and seals wouldn't smoke noticeably unless they were very badly worn. I had both "bad guides/seals" and "a ring stuck in one piston". Mine smoked badly when I would let off the throttle and coast while in a low gear...and then if I had given it near full throttle some time just before coming to a stop, and would smoke badly when I would take off from the stop. Finally got it taken apart and found the valve stem guides and seals needed replacing, but also had oily combustion chambers in cylinders #3 and #4 which pointed to taking the pistons out for inspection only to find the stuck ring in piston number four. I replaced piston-4, all the rings and rod bearings.

Yes...do the leak-down...a compression test may show something as well.

I think I found the problem itís a bad valve seals gasket because oil is coming up through the torque screw it look exactly like the picture below

Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM   #11
ASCI_Blue
Ballin'

Drives: 06, TR, pkg 1, DSG, 18" Huffs.
have your PCV checked, then have those seals/gaskets and possibly valve cover replaced nowish or you get to replace your timing chain, cams, etc when the oil pressure driven chain tensioner fails. Also check your coilpacks/spark plugs too.

Yes I've had this happen before.
ASCI_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:17 PM   #12
ROH ECHT
K04 PLAY

Why an "Oil change every 1000 miles"? ←from original post #1.

That leak is not where you are losing 1qt/1500 miles.