GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver door sensor?

langer

i fix teefs
Had the issue for a while now. I have my driver door open and the car doesn't recognize that it's open. MFD shows that the door is closed when it is fully open. Car will also auto lock even with the driver door open, after 15 seconds or so. Is this a lock issue or possible the wiring running from door to rest of the vehicle? It's intermittent, but now happens more than it does not. Looks like swapping out the locking mechanism is quite a feat, so I want to make sure I'm heading down the right path before I tackle that project. Oh, I also get a door locking mechanism error during vag-com scan. But, the door locks just fine with key fob.
Thank you!

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Looks like your door lock module needs replacing or you could try to take it apart and clean and fix the micro switch. There are a few DIY floating around if you want to try the repair route.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
In for this. I need to do mine

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Did mine:

I think I used a DIY by Deutche Auto, pretty simple removing the skin and the module, door handle was a PITA. They use the purple A/C o-rings at the factory to hold the handle thing together and mine cracked apart when I took it apart. Have a few small ones available when you do yours.

langer

i fix teefs
Thanks all. One of these weekends I'll dive into it. It's not terribly annoying at this point and the mention of the handle being a PITA tells me to wait. Ha.