GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dv covered in oil

Red-Vader

Ready to race!
So, I noticed my dv is covered in oil. I cleaned it off, and 1 week later same thing. I have not noticed any drips under the car. And I also don't see any leaks underneath the car or on the back of the engine. I have 153,000 miles on my mkv gti. Is my turbo going out?

langer

i fix teefs
Mine was like that when I swapped to a rev d. The wiring and connection were swimming in it. Never had a boost leak. Lots of other folks have noted the same thing, I think it's fairly normal.

penpal

Srs Bzns
Car(s)
07 GTI , 12 R, 18 R
You can see the exhaust turbocharged gas outlet is attached to the valve cover which turns into crankcase breather connected in the second pic.

larcic

Ready to race!
is it normal for the dv to be covered in oil or does this mean the valve in the rear pcv port is failing/has failed?

larcic

Ready to race!
it was covered in oil on the outside. does this mean the rear pcv has failed?

langer

i fix teefs
it was covered in oil on the outside. does this mean the rear pcv has failed?

Mine wasn't 'covered' in oil, but had a significant amount of oil in connector for some reason. This was when I replaced it about 4 years ago.

larcic

Ready to race!
I noticed the oil was coming from one screw so I backed the screw of any re-tightened with as much force as my plastic allen multi tool could provide and I've been checking every few days and there is no oil now. I had no boost leak so I'm not sure how the oil was getting out.