GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear vented brakes options

Finder

Ready to race!
Other than Golf R rears is there another carrier/caliper/disc combo that will bolt on and work with the stock parking brake system on the mk5 platform?
Looking to upgrade the rears to vented and I would like to know what are my options.
TIA.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Pretty much it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Other than Golf R rears is there another carrier/caliper/disc combo that will bolt on and work with the stock parking brake system on the mk5 platform?
Looking to upgrade the rears to vented and I would like to know what are my options.
TIA.

The R/R32 calipers (which I have run in past) which also have parking brake built in and allow you to move up to slightly larger vented rotor of the R/R32.

That is your best and easy to install choice and its a good one. I ran full R brakes on my GTI and with proper pads worked great on track.

Since the parking brake is built in to the stock caliper and you want to keep it your choices are limited to R brakes or running stock calipers as your parking brake and adding something like Brembo calipers which seems like a less desirable choice (weight and looks) in my opinion but folks have done it.

On my latest build I went with Brembo 18Z brakes front and rear with a Willwood parking caliper. Not really available anymore but a nice solution.

Forge, HPA both make very nice rear kits that include parking brakes. ECSTuning has a full Golf R kit with 2 piece vented rotors. Cost is about 1250.