GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gerald Slaven Volkswagen - New CANBERRA dealership!

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Bit of a bump to an old thread but it's on topic.

Flew down and picked up my MK6 GTI on Saturday in ACT from Gerald Slaven Volkswagen. The whole process was very smooth from organising it from interstate right up to the delivery. Many thanks to Phillip (PhillipVWDealer) and Trent (salesman) for looking after me and for being great to deal with. Highly recommend paying them a visit if you are in ACT, or interstate for that matter as they have a nice dealership there (and spotted a few other new GTI's in the yard with some tasty options too). Appreciate the warm welcome at the airport too, absolute champion!

cheers,

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
I've got a GTI on order with Trent also..

Did you get any nice trinkets? Keyring, jacket or pen?

tinto

bitch please
Car(s)
2009 Pirelli GTI
Sounds like an interstate deal worked out nicely for you, Greg.
Did you use a car broker or just get stuck into email/phone?

Living on this side of the planet, I'd never seriously considered an interstate purchase as there's no way I'd drive back (done it once, may do it again but not until my hair is grey).
East Coast: different story!
New car + road trip adventure rolled into one!

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Hey Tinto, yeah I think it worked out fairly well. Would have liked more time to spend along the way but work is a bit busy at the moment. Stopped in Syd and met up with Johno & Apmitchell for a coffee in coogee which was good, then stayed in coffs. Covered most of the distance the first day but was pretty tired.

I probably wouldn't drive much further than that but as you say the east coast is doable. Car has got about 1300 on it now (had 60 when i picked it up).

Didn't use a broker, but there was a thread on vwwc about mk6's on carsales, and noticed PhillipVWDealer said he had various cars in stock including this one that was cancelled by someone who wants an R, so was a lucky pick up otherwise would be a 4-6 month wait and i would probably still be indecisive about what to get.

I paid for the car and got a refund from the dealer for the stamp duty, rego & CTP which i'll pay here myself, and had a permit to drive the car back with no plates.

Cheers,

Last edited: