OT: Winter Olympics

rennenhaus.com.au

that guy with the VW.....
Car(s)
mk5 r32

anyone else watching?

berserk303

Time to Unpimp Ze Auto
That is beyond sad, especially after everything Georgia has recently been through. Damn, that kid was young too.
I hope nothing else happens in Luge, they say the course is very dangerous overall.

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI
Very sad indeed....

Yes I am 'scribed... I'm looking forward to the event, I just hope there are no more accidents like that!

Luge is one of my favourite events too... so I hope they can do something to make the course safer.

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Jesus i heard someone died in practice but couldn't quite figure out how... i guess hitting a steel pole at speed would do it.

Deco

Ready to race!
Thats so fucd up! Feel for his fam and friends....also can't imagine what the other athletes are goin thru.

Surely thats a major safety flaw...how could they not cover those poles (sponge or wateva) not that it would make a difference I guess at that speed....bad design...surely the IOC will in some way be liable?

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Surely thats a major safety flaw...how could they not cover those poles (sponge or wateva) not that it would make a difference I guess at that speed....bad design...surely the IOC will in some way be liable?

I guess because where he came off was a freak accident, no-one usually comes flying off the track on the straight parts, the bit he was just past had extra barriers to stop you coming out. Think of how many other people have been down that course, if it were a flaw then it would have been detected/fixed by now or someone else would have been hurt. It's the first luge death (at the Olympics?) in over 50 years.

Not really any different to a freak accident like a F1 tyre fitting through a gap in a safety barrier that it should never be able to get through... tragic but largely unforseeable.

Deco

Ready to race!
Guess the IOC must have thought about liability as I just heard in the news that they have "cushioned" the poles/pillars.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Someone needs to throw eddie mcguire into a fukken ice crevasse while he's up in Canadia. He's a fucking fuckwit of the highest order.