GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Latest Diverter Valve Part Number

606gti

black sheep
Don't worry there's no mistaking it. When you car suddenly becomes gutless and you can hear a kind of whooshing sound you'll know.

how am i supposed to hear a whooshing over my evoms? cant there be a slight tear and a slight drop of boost?

Hilton_K

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Ordered my piston type valve on Thursday ex Germany, wait doesn't worry me as I bought it as a precaution. didn't plan on fitting for a while. Also bought a new HPFP cam follower to change out in the next week or so also a bit of preventative maintanence

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
how am i supposed to hear a whooshing over my evoms? cant there be a slight tear and a slight drop of boost?

Yeah it could start that way but if you've seen the design of the part that fails, once you get a small tear/ hole it opens pretty quick.

mkv_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
I have ring barloworld and south yarra Dealership and both said the same thing.. none available in Australia as system show none in Sydeny wearhouse.

They offered me the G valve though.. and they assumed that G is latest one coz alphabet G is after D .. LOL... i told them.. nah .. I want the D valve..

Reason i need the D valve coz I'm going for a track day this weekend... and I've been suspect that my bov has a small tear... :(

isaw.. Is urs one a D valve? the metal piston valve? or the blue and red rubber G valve?

Thanks guys for the quick response.. I also just did my cam follower 2 hours ago!!
My cam follower was about to wear off too.. luckily i change it on time :)

mkv_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey ea2001,

are u working in dealer?
How long will it take for you to send it over to melb?
As i need it before friday :(
And to re confirm... u have the D valve? not G or H right?

Thanks,
Ron

Hilton_K

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Damn it, if I knew that Derek I would of ordered through you. Now I have the valve on order through the Parts system and it's back ordered I can't cancel.

Have you a list of parts that you stock any where at all on your website?

ea2001

Passed Driver's Ed
HiltonK

If you are desperate you can take one and replace it with yours when you get it.
The new website should have all this stuff on there.
A couple weeks away yet.

606gti

black sheep
HiltonK

If you are desperate you can take one and replace it with yours when you get it.
The new website should have all this stuff on there.
A couple weeks away yet.

whats ur price shipped for these mate?

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
The DV on my MY06 GTI finally gave up the ghost during a drive from Alice Springs to Cairns last week. Not bad from an A or B version DV with about 70,000 bluefinned kms under its belt. Best of all, it died 2 weeks before my warranty was up. I thought these things usually wait until the day after your warranty expires??? :happyanim: Ended up getting VW extended warranty anyway at $1382 for another 36 months. Good price benchmark for anyone out there considering it.

Credit to Westco Motors in Cairns who checked the car the next morning after I arrived in Cairns, ordered a new DV from Sydney and fitted it today, ready for the drive back to Alice tomorrow. :clap:

New DV was 06H145710D. :thumbsup:

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
New DV was 06H145710D. :thumbsup:
How do you like the new "D" version - notice any improvement in holding boost compared to your original (before it blew :p), or any change in sound?