GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mkv Gti motor in b7 a4

Orest100

Hey guys,
I have a 06 Gti that is stage 3 apr with rods and a bunch of
Extra goodies.
I really want AWD and love the Audi sedan and was wondering could
I swap my motor and all into the b7 a4? Would it all bolt up and fit?
Let me know what you guys think thanks!

Jet08

Ready to race!
The Audi motor sits north south like traditional rear wheel drive vehicle where as the VW Gti motor is east west. The actual motors are near identical but the engine mounts and other positioning hardware are not shared so you would have a big issue.

jad413

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

I have a 06 Gti that is stage 3 apr with rods and a bunch of

Extra goodies.

I really want AWD and love the Audi sedan and was wondering could

I swap my motor and all into the b7 a4? Would it all bolt up and fit?

Let me know what you guys think thanks!

Probably easier to take the parts off the GTI and install them in the Audi. I'm fairly sure the ECUs are totally different too.

Sent from my iPhone

Zach L

VR junkie
The long bock will swap over (so you could keep the rods). Motor mount brackets and other items can be removed from A4 engine then bolted to the GTI engine.

As mentioned, the GTI motor sits transverse in the engine bay while the A4 has it sitting longitudinally. In the Audi, the rear of the engine and turbo face the passenger side so your only concern would be if the APR parts would fit without clearance. Talk to APR or look at the differences in how the plumbing is routed in pics of each kit. The turbo and manifold should be able to be used, but I suspect you'll need different intake and intercooler piping.

If I had rods I'd without a doubt do what you're thinking and swap the long block over to the A4.