GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurocars DD build thread - Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Did you get your block back yet?

Called the machine shop this morning, its done. Going to leave work early to pick it up. Im not very happy with this machine shop, hopefuly they did a decent job; they never even called to tell me it was done and it had been almost a week past when they said it would be finished :thumbdown:

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Called the machine shop this morning, its done. Going to leave work early to pick it up. Im not very happy with this machine shop, hopefuly they did a decent job; they never even called to tell me it was done and it had been almost a week past when they said it would be finished :thumbdown:

Do you know what all had to be done at least? That doesn't sound like a good machine shop :thumbdown:

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Do you know what all had to be done at least? That doesn't sound like a good machine shop :thumbdown:

Yeah, I wrote down a list of to-do items for them so they wouldnt forget. They wouldnt balance out the crank or rods, said they couldnt do it. Its not a huge deal, but any decent machine shop should be able to do that. This place came recommended by a few repair facilities as well as a couple local VW people. Guess ill have to try somewhere else next time

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
So everything good to go for assembly? You know, except all the accessories off the old motor + head. Didn't see any pics of the head. Did you send that out too to be decked or anything?

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
subscribed!