GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DriverMotorsport powergate3

Avoih

Passed Driver's Ed
The new programmer is a bit different. There's a feature added to it that prevents the read of the ECU from being neccessary. What happens is the customer ID's the ECU with the programmer and downloads the 'log' of that sequence.

The log gets sent to Driver Motorsport, a zipped & encrypted packet of files is sent including the original file for that ECU and it's tuned files. Customer takes this, uploads it to their Programmer and they're good to go. Much more convenient than the previous procedure.

I have completed the instructions for the new programmer late last week and they're much improved over the instructions for the older style. It'll be sent off to everybody and all will be sorted :)

I've got the new programmer and mine is still giving me an error message when it tries to read. We emailed a good bit back and forth and said I would be on vacation until Saturday. It's on my mind as I can't wait to get the new tune in :D

MkV Dub

I <3 my turbo
Car(s)
09 911 C4S
"...it'll fail out at the read step, You'll have to upload the log file to continue forward. Then we send the tuning files based off of the log file."

Sent my log file Friday. Waiting to hear back if it worked out or if I need to proceed differently.

:happyanim:

PS. I won't be able to install the 3 bar MAP sensor till Friday so no rush if all is good.

YBLEGL

Mr.Bodyman
Car(s)
08 GTI CW 4 Door
Having exact same issue as everyone else been weeks trying to get this tune on my car with no luck.

YBLEGL

Mr.Bodyman
Car(s)
08 GTI CW 4 Door
Well finally got the car flashed. I had to drive to a Revo dealer and have them flash it back to stock them hookup the programmer read my stock ecu and then send the file to drivermotorsports. I would say after that it took Bronson about an hour to email me a new tune. I loaded to the programmer then went and flashed the car it took about 10 minutes. Let me say they know how to tune for sure my car is like a whole new car it feels like I went to stage 1 all over again because the car woke right up and pulls hard at all rpm's. Definitely worth the money I can't wait to go k04. Also if you haven't definitely do the runner flap delete the car runs so much smoother and less turbo lag that was noticeable right away. Good luck.

MkV Dub

I <3 my turbo
Car(s)
09 911 C4S
Just doesn't make sense does it?

Where does it fail on yours? The read ECU step?

Eh, kinda makes sense to me. Other tuners (APR, GIAC, Uni, etc) flashes should be encrypted and the PG3 can't read em so it fails out. Now if you're having a problem with a stock flash that's a whole different story.

I think the short term solution is to get flashed back to stock by VW or the tuner that flashed your car (not stock mode but actual stock flash), pull the file off with the programmer and send it to DM or just wait until DM works through the kinks they're having with the new programmer/firmware.

That latter is speculation on my half but I've personally dealt with equipment that worked perfectly in bench testing and initial turn up then some mandatory firmware update is handed down from the manufacturer (or done without consent through software in the background) that causes inconsistencies and creates more problems than it fixes...

I have so much going on right now I'll probably end up waiting a while longer but I may call the stealership just to see what they'll quote me on flashing back to stock in case I get impatient.

YBLEGL

Mr.Bodyman
Car(s)
08 GTI CW 4 Door
Just so you know I called 4 different VW dealers and a good friend of mine works at an Audi dealer and none of them can flash it to stock you need to go back to your tuner. Trust me I just dealt with this for 2 weeks luckily my revo dealer was nice and didn't charge me to goto stock he's a big mkv fan himself. &#55357;&#56832;

Avoih

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought the PG3 because I was told it could flash OVER my APR tune. ONLY reason why I bought it. I don't have time to go back to dealer because I'm working 11-12 hours a day, 6 days a week and shops aren't open that late.

MkV Dub

I <3 my turbo
Car(s)
09 911 C4S
The issue is not writing the tune file - over writing the existing file but in reading the "stock" file.

Yes and no... Per DM's instructions the read process is expected to fail and you are to utilize their software to mail back the "log" of transactions from the programmer (ex: I tried to read ECUxxxxxxxx at xx:xx on xx/xx/xxx). This log file includes enough information about your ECU for DM to create a tune, mail it back to you, & then flash it back to your ECU with the programmer from my understandings.

Avoih

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes and no... Per DM's instructions the read process is expected to fail and you are to utilize their software to mail back the "log" of transactions from the programmer (ex: I tried to read ECUxxxxxxxx at xx:xx on xx/xx/xxx). This log file includes enough information about your ECU for DM to create a tune, mail it back to you, & then flash it back to your ECU with the programmer from my understandings.

I emailed them a couple days ago again. I still haven't gotten an email from them in a week and a half. I have the log file downloaded from the flashloader, sitting on my desktop. :)

MkV Dub

I <3 my turbo
Car(s)
09 911 C4S
Just so you know I called 4 different VW dealers and a good friend of mine works at an Audi dealer and none of them can flash it to stock you need to go back to your tuner. Trust me I just dealt with this for 2 weeks luckily my revo dealer was nice and didn't charge me to goto stock he's a big mkv fan himself.

Thanks for the heads up. I had my car flashed to stock once by my dealer but it was because of an ECU error TSB that was corrected by a firmware update. Completely different circumstance from this but they knew I was tuned so I jumped to some early assumptions on flashing. I read the re-flash to stock will also overwrite my DSG tune so I'll have to pay a different shop a fee to re-flash it for my DSG tune so going back to stock is getting more time and $$ intensive.

My local "tuner" is an Audi dealership that's not so hot on tuning. I won't delve into the problems I've had but it's been a while so maybe things have changed over the last year since I've been there. I'll keep holding out for now but I'd love an update from DM.