GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Technical Discussions > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust

Old 08-12-2019, 05:30 PM   #1
Royson345
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2008 GTI
Fueling questions/S3 Injectors and upgraded HPFP

Good afternoon everyone!

I have a couple questions pertaining to fuel for my 08 FSI. First I am planning on going K04 very soon and have started to aquire the parts. I have the HPFP internals and injectors. My questionnis can I fit the injectors and fuel pump internals without any issues before fitting anything else for the K04? Reason being is I am cleaning my intakes valves this weekend and wanted to swap in the injectors while I had the access. Figured doing the HPFP couldnt hurt too since it's right there.

Also, a K04 with a flange will bolt right up to the GTI correct?

Thanks!!
Royson345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:58 PM   #2
Finder
Oval Newbie

Drives: Audi A3
You can't install any of them without a proper tune and the S3 injectors can only go with the turbo. The K04 flange will bolt to the GTI cylinder head, yes.
Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 08:14 AM   #3
clockwise33
New York Giants Fanatic

Drives: 2006 GTI 6MT Pkg2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royson345 View Post
Good afternoon everyone!

I have a couple questions pertaining to fuel for my 08 FSI. First I am planning on going K04 very soon and have started to aquire the parts. I have the HPFP internals and injectors. My questionnis can I fit the injectors and fuel pump internals without any issues before fitting anything else for the K04? Reason being is I am cleaning my intakes valves this weekend and wanted to swap in the injectors while I had the access. Figured doing the HPFP couldnt hurt too since it's right there.

Also, a K04 with a flange will bolt right up to the GTI correct?

Thanks!!
It will run, but will likely throw a CEL eventually. From what I can tell googling, the ECU can adjust fuel trims up to 25%, which should be within the margin between stock and S3 injectors.

I installed my K04 and S3 injectors in my garage and drove with a SII tune to my local tuner about 15 minutes away with no issues, not even a CEL.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:53 PM   #4
Royson345
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2008 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwise33 View Post
It will run, but will likely throw a CEL eventually. From what I can tell googling, the ECU can adjust fuel trims up to 25%, which should be within the margin between stock and S3 injectors.

I installed my K04 and S3 injectors in my garage and drove with a SII tune to my local tuner about 15 minutes away with no issues, not even a CEL.
I figured more fuel would throw a code for sure, I was just curious how much harm it would do opersting that way for a day or 2. My tuner is about an hr away and the turbo and remaining bits should be here within a week or so.
Royson345 is offline   Reply With Quote