GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My second build on my 08 GTI

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
I think you are right on. The nice thing about the K04 was you always had power when you needed it with that fat powerband.

I didn’t drive my car enough time with the TurboZentrum kit but I can confirm that the car was really monster in very very low RPM, maybe before the 3400rpm it had the full boost of 30psi !!
You will enjoy it my friend [emoji4]

socalhatch

Don't panic it's organic
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
That's amazing you still have this car! Still looks brand new as well! Cylinder #3 on mine just went out so I'm currently in the rebuild process time for me to go big turbo too!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
That is an old pic of car but it still looks good. On vacation this week, will pickup car when I get back home. Good luck on your project and am always happy to share info.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Car comes home tomorrow.... and new thread begins tomorrow on review of the project.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
You should really just keep everything in one thread, this forum is so dead there's no need to separate

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Ok by popular demand the thread will stay active and all new info will go here. Now I have to go get ready to pick it up.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Why does it idle so badly?

That is my current problem, car is not properly tuned. Very disappointed. So now I need to find someone or a company that can supply a proper tune.

It not only idles badly, it won't idle until the car reaches temp. It barely runs in rpms ranges 3500 or less, nothing but misses, bogs, backfires and just a general mess. Above 3500 it all goes away and car runs like a beast but it runs so poorly under 3500 it is difficult to get it to 3500.

The car was warm when I went to pick it up, so when I started it, it idled up right away. I took it up and down the street and noticed it was rough but just thought it was me. Once I got it home (flatbed) and started and tried to drive car today.... car would not start and hold idle, it just dies. I stayed in car feathered throttle to keep it running until engine up to temp, then it would idle.

So..... I waited several months for this, not at all happy but now I have a new project.

socalhatch

Don't panic it's organic
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I would be pretty upset that Au just gave you the car like that.. So they all came to the decision that they couldn't tune your car properly but it ran "ok" with it warm so they made sure the car was hot when you picked it up.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
That is my current problem, car is not properly tuned. Very disappointed. So now I need to find someone or a company that can supply a proper tune.

It not only idles badly, it won't idle until the car reaches temp. It barely runs in rpms ranges 3500 or less, nothing but misses, bogs, backfires and just a general mess. Above 3500 it all goes away and car runs like a beast but it runs so poorly under 3500 it is difficult to get it to 3500.

The car was warm when I went to pick it up, so when I started it, it idled up right away. I took it up and down the street and noticed it was rough but just thought it was me. Once I got it home (flatbed) and started and tried to drive car today.... car would not start and hold idle, it just dies. I stayed in car feathered throttle to keep it running until engine up to temp, then it would idle.

So..... I waited several months for this, not at all happy but now I have a new project.

Please don’t drive the car because such problems could damage the engine very quick.
Keep it in the garage until you tune it or even diagnose the problems because it maybe a mechanical issues too.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Please don’t drive the car because such problems could damage the engine very quick.
Keep it in the garage until you tune it or even diagnose the problems because it maybe a mechanical issues too.

Absolutely, its not being driven

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I would be pretty upset that Au just gave you the car like that.. So they all came to the decision that they couldn't tune your car properly but it ran "ok" with it warm so they made sure the car was hot when you picked it up.

Well even warm it doesn't run ok. When cold it won't idle until engine reaches full operating temp.