GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELP P310B

Manuelrios509

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm running Apr stage 2+ with their hpfp. I've been having p310b and I can't find a way to get rid of it. I get fuel cuts every now and then when I'm stepping on it and the code comes one I have replaced fuel filter, pressure valve on the fuel rail the sensor on the fuel rail and the sensor on the hpfp. I'm about to give up and now the car all of a sudden dies and won't turn in until I remove the fuel pump and it back in.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

taaj

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mkv
I'm running Apr stage 2+ with their hpfp. I've been having p310b and I can't find a way to get rid of it. I get fuel cuts every now and then when I'm stepping on it and the code comes one I have replaced fuel filter, pressure valve on the fuel rail the sensor on the fuel rail and the sensor on the hpfp. I'm about to give up and now the car all of a sudden dies and won't turn in until I remove the fuel pump and it back in.

What's the duty cycle like on the lpfp

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Manuelrios509

Passed Driver's Ed
What's the duty cycle like on the lpfp

I checked it and it's at 91% percent. But the weird thing is that I out another one in and the percentage doesn't change, even after putting in a different control module

taaj

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mkv
I checked it and it's at 91% percent. But the weird thing is that I out another one in and the percentage doesn't change, even after putting in a different control module

Which fuel rail sensor did you put on

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I believe he is asking what is the OE part number for that replacement sensor? Not for a picture of it.

Just for the process of elimination's sake; it may be that it has the wrong fuel filter in it and has a 4 bar regulated filter instead of the 6.6 bar regulated filter. It is possible the old fuel filter was clogged and you installed a 4 bar rather than a 6.6 bar...do you remember seeing the regulated spec stamped into the filter?

There may be a problem with the HPFP itself.

Your low pressure fuel pump control module is failing.

You stated the low pressure pump duty at 91% all of the time...but what was the low pressure actual? And is the pressure you give us at idle or are you specifying a pressure at a certain rpm during a data pull?

Given that it is shutting down...my guess is going to be it is the lpfp control module. You can check it if you find out how...or simply replace it. It is under the rear seat, under a flap in the carpet, on top of a removable panel. This is the part; https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...j99lJ6PEnTj8e5OHgsoLEDTuehZU1aLxoCeOMQAvD_BwE

Manuelrios509

Passed Driver's Ed
I believe he is asking what is the OE part number for that replacement sensor? Not for a picture of it.

Just for the process of elimination's sake; it may be that it has the wrong fuel filter in it and has a 4 bar regulated filter instead of the 6.6 bar regulated filter. It is possible the old fuel filter was clogged and you installed a 4 bar rather than a 6.6 bar...do you remember seeing the regulated spec stamped into the filter?

There may be a problem with the HPFP itself.

Your low pressure fuel pump control module is failing.

You stated the low pressure pump duty at 91% all of the time...but what was the low pressure actual? And is the pressure you give us at idle or are you specifying a pressure at a certain rpm during a data pull?

Given that it is shutting down...my guess is going to be it is the lpfp control module. You can check it if you find out how...or simply replace it. It is under the rear seat, under a flap in the carpet, on top of a removable panel. This is the part; https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...j99lJ6PEnTj8e5OHgsoLEDTuehZU1aLxoCeOMQAvD_BwE
The part number is 06J906051C for the sensor and I did replace the fuel filter since with an open 6.6 bar and I also put in another fuel control module and after I drove it the car died on me again. Today I went to change out the pump and the duty cycle is now at 47% at idle still haven't fully given it a test drive will do this Sunday to double check

Manuelrios509

Passed Driver's Ed
Update I took the car for a test drive and as soon as I stepped on it hard the fuel pump duty cycle went from 41 to 91 percent. The car almost died on me I don't know what else to do any suggestions?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
That sounds normal. Its duty is above 40% at idle and 92% at full throttle.

I would suggest a look at its low fuel pressure data. You have replaced the low pressure sensor on the hpfp, the lpfp fuel control module, the lpfp, and fuel filter. You may want to insert a pressure gauge as mentioned above just to compare the actual pressure is and what the sensor is reporting as accurate pressure to the ECU. If those match and given you have replaced everything, and hopefully all is well with those bits, it may be wiring to the G410/low pressure sensor. You may try cleaning its connectors and inspect the wires to it as best you can.