GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Daily driver mk5 no boost

Jremey

Car(s)
2009 gti
How long did it take you to install?

Well unitronic used crinkle band clamps to attach the vacuum hoses to the n75 (wastegate solenoid) so taking those off was a nightmare until I decided to just yank them off. It actually wasn't TOO difficult to get to, but it took around roughly 1.5 hours because of the clamps. I also have some extra plumbing to move that comes with uni's stage 2 kit.

That's funny ↑...I responded to the post I quoted above in post #14, before getting to your post including you fixed it. Anyhow, apologies...been vacant for a bit. Glad you got it solved. I'll try remembering to check in...keep a note of the codes, clear them, then see which if any return. But likely the N75 had something to do with other codes...some at least.

Yah the air intake leak I'm assuming is from the boost gauge tap that runs off the manifold. I think the pcv is recognizing that some air is being siphoned off. The code for the maf I'm assuming is from the Forge Twintake. Though I'm not sure what's causing the lean trim code. Oddly enough I haven't checked the codes again. I'll do that tomorrow.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yah the air intake leak I'm assuming is from the boost gauge tap that runs off the manifold. I think the pcv is recognizing that some air is being siphoned off. The code for the maf I'm assuming is from the Forge Twintake. Though I'm not sure what's causing the lean trim code. Oddly enough I haven't checked the codes again. I'll do that tomorrow.
Umm, the boost gauge won't siphon off air. It is simply another part of the pressurized system. The lean code P2279 is usually due to a leak. A leak from the MAF to the turbo, including the rear breather hose and tube to the turbo. I remember one finding a leak in the short rubber hose between the rear breather tube and rocker cover but underneath where it couldn't be seen.

Code P0171 is a lean condition causing an additive trim; and could also be related to the P2279 but could be a separate issue within the fueling bits. Could be a failed PCV(torn diaphragm or failed check valve/s). Vacuum system leaks. Could be an exhaust leak pre-B1S1 O2 or pre-cat O2 sensor.

Can you get the fuel trim data?
Can you smoke test it?
Can you reach the small hoses connected to the new N75? Do they spin or are they tight?
Can you test the PCV and inspect its large diaphragm?
Do a MAF test?

There's also some decent info here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWJihSkQUuE

Jremey

Car(s)
2009 gti
Sorry it's taken so long for an update. Finally got around to rescanning, the n75 code is gone and the only codes remaining are p0171, p0507, and p2279. Weird thing is with all these codes the car still runs beautifully.

Can you get the fuel trim data?
Can you smoke test it?
Can you reach the small hoses connected to the new N75? Do they spin or are they tight?
Can you test the PCV and inspect its large diaphragm?
Do a MAF test?

There's also some decent info here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWJihSkQUuE

Unfortunately I don't have a way of doing a smoke test without going to a shop which I haven't yet looked into, and fuel trim data I don't have a scan tool for but I am looking into getting obd11 since I don't have Windows for vcds. The n75 hoses are good, I actually replaced the clamps for good measure when I did the new n75. As for the pcv, here's where it gets weird. My scan device suggested fix (which you can take with a grain of salt) says to replace the pcv. But blowing into the pcv hose on the manifold side, it holds pressure. I'm planning on doing a catch can eventually so I can just forget about the system all together. I'll check out the video and look into getting those tests, but for now the car is running better than ever.