GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

p0507 higher idle ((VCDS log))

caandywht

i have an 09 gti with tsi cba on stage 2+ and it has a weird idle. its not bad or very noticeable when the car engine is cold. when i put it in neutral to make a stop it lowers to around 700k rpms fine. once it has been running for over 30 minutes it idles high around 1k rpms and after a few seconds it drops to around 700-800 then again plays around that mark. i have noticed when im engaging the accelerator to star moving in first gear i get a surge most of the times and rpms go higher than what i pressed for. when im already driving and on bigger gears i cant tell. also when i let go of the accelerator to start slowing down theres minimal deceleration as there should be while im in gear. so far ive installed a new g grams perf. throttle body, replaced pcv diaphragm with IE catch can kit. installed a new gfb dv+, the intercooler and its pipes are new and well connected. ignition coils and plugs are new, i had a smoke test done before but couldnt see any smoke coming out. checked and moved around the sensors to throttle body i wasnt pleased with that test so i may have to do a last one. i checked vcds today and this is what i got. also i hear i need to pay attentiion to freeze frame data. does this show anything i should look for??

1 Fault Found:

001287 - Idle Control System RPM
P0507 - 000 - Higher than Expected. - MIL ON
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 11100000
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 2
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 217919 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2000.00.00
Time: 10:58:33

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 903 /min
Load: 7.8 %
Speed: 0.0 km/h
Temperature: 96.0°C
Temperature: 24.0°C
Absolute Pres.: 870.0 mbar
Voltage: 13.970 V

Readiness: 0010 0000

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Did this start when you changed the throttle body?

IMO, that was a waste of money anyways. You're "only" Stage 2 & it's totally unnecessary....you could've gone Stage 3+ or whatever and been fine with the stock TB still.

I doubt it's related, but you didn't mention the mileage. With the surging/hesitation....look at the carbon buildup too

caandywht

No, I changed all those parts ti fix it. Had a good deal on the tb and oem was already trash also it does make a difference. The mileage is on the vcds log, I will have to look at cleaning the valves if its not a vacuum leak. I need more info before I jump into that i think.

panda_man22

Go Kart Champion
figure this out?