GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.0 BPY Fighting with Random/Multiple Misfire

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I have 2 fault codes related to misfire, one for a multiple misfire and the other one is for misfire on cylinder 2, having multiple misfire points to what?
Also why do I have fuel smell in the oil?
Been a while...vcds code P0300 is for any misfire followed by P0302 which specifies where the misfire is. Being isolated to the #2 cylinder, it is likely a coil, injector or combustion pressure. Fuel in the oil is likely worn internals in the hpfp.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Why do you have to jinx me with this being my possible issue?
I had a broken timing belt. I removed the cylinder head, skimmed the cylinder head, replace all 16 injectors and valve stem seals, install head with a new timing belt, upgraded injectors to S3, installed F23T turbo instead of stock K03, I flashed the ECU software.

My car runs roughly in neutral below ~1,700 RPM. Anything above that and it smoothes out nicely. My car has always had a slight leak in the rear main seal. But it isn't anything that drips on the floor.

Now that I notice that there is oil sweating in the rear main seal area, but no enough to seriously nasty up the floor (like one drop for every 20 minutes of idling).

Since I reassembled the engine with all these new parts, I'm getting multiple cylinder misfires.

01 Engine

*** System description: 2.0l R4/4V TFSI
*** Software number: 1K0907115R
*** Software version: 0020
*** Hardware number: 8P0907115B
*** Serial number: VWX7Z0G83NA8OV
*** Long coding: 040300101C070160

*** Trouble codes:*
******* P1602 - Power supply terminal 30 Voltage too low Lower limit not reached
*********** Passive
******* P0300 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected Implausible signal
*********** Active
******* P0301 - Cyl.1 Misfire Detected Implausible signal
*********** Active
******* P0303 - Cyl.3 Misfire Detected Implausible signal
*********** Active
******* P0304 - Cyl.4 Misfire Detected Implausible signal
*********** Active
******* P0302 - Cyl.2 Misfire Detected Implausible signal
*********** Active

I didn't gap my new spark plugs. I'm hoping this is a vacuum leak or a fueling issue in the S3 file that I had flashed.
Misfiring in all cylinders is usually tougher to determine than it being a plug or coil. You can try the plug gap...0.026" to 0.028"max. If it helps, great. But thinking it is a tune issue more than a hardware issue, but it could be. More details about your tune please? Who did your F23T tune?

Nitrous1024

Ready to race!
I'll remove the plugs and gap them this weekend, although I'm reading that the electrodes are very sensitive to the gapping process. I don't know if the larger injectors are "drowning" the spark, or the larger F23T is producing a larger volume of air to "blow" the spark out. I say this in jest, as I don't know the correct terms.

As it relates to the tune, the file I'm using is a Eurodyne Maestro basemap that I "assembled" from the export of a similar ECU for the BPY ECU range. Eurodyne does not actually have files for my BWA ECU part number (as it ends with "R"). They have files for the BPY ECU (ending with "B" & "H"), but I'm seeing the warning where they would lock or brick my BWA ECU.
What Eurodyne did for me was enable me to READ my ECU data, and e-mail it to them. They then did something with that, and sent me a Stage 1 & 2 basemap file. I felt that all they did was to just copy the BPY template and place it on my file.

Since I installed the F23T and S3 injectors, I decided that I should be able to do the same, so I simply exported each table from their hosted BPY F23T with S3 injector in a separate file, then imported them to the same tables in my BWA basemap that I had originally received from them.

My understanding was that the actual raw data in the BPY and BWA ECUs were theoretically about the same.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I'll remove the plugs and gap them this weekend, although I'm reading that the electrodes are very sensitive to the gapping process. I don't know if the larger injectors are "drowning" the spark, or the larger F23T is producing a larger volume of air to "blow" the spark out. I say this in jest, as I don't know the correct terms. I use a small vise to close the gap and if using a plug gap tool to open, just stay clear of the electrode area. The vise I use is like this; https://images.homedepot-static.com...d7e6a842d4ac/svn/wen-vises-423dpv-64_1000.jpg

As it relates to the tune, the file I'm using is a Eurodyne Maestro basemap that I "assembled" from the export of a similar ECU for the BPY ECU range. Eurodyne does not actually have files for my BWA ECU part number (as it ends with "R"). They have files for the BPY ECU (ending with "B" & "H"), but I'm seeing the warning where they would lock or brick my BWA ECU.
What Eurodyne did for me was enable me to READ my ECU data, and e-mail it to them. They then did something with that, and sent me a Stage 1 & 2 basemap file. I felt that all they did was to just copy the BPY template and place it on my file. They were aware of all of the components and that it was the F23T, right?

Since I installed the F23T and S3 injectors, I decided that I should be able to do the same, so I simply exported each table from their hosted BPY F23T with S3 injector in a separate file, then imported them to the same tables in my BWA basemap that I had originally received from them. Did the verify this?

My understanding was that the actual raw data in the BPY and BWA ECUs were theoretically about the same.
OK, well, address the plugs...but if it continues, you may need Eurodyne's help with the tune...and yeah, BWA & BPY shouldn't be too far off in similarity with regards to tuning. I mean, perhaps the problem lies within the tuning for the "F23T and S3 injector" combination. I had a similar issue when I temporarily switched from GIAC K04 HO tune to DriverMotorsport K04+ tune. The DM tune needed a few adjustments with fuel pressure targets and ignition before misfires in all 4 cylinders went away. Was on about the 3rd or 4th revision they sent me before all was smoothed out.