GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project racecar. Build #1

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Prolly doesnt fit either. I think jose had that issue

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well I test fit it on the red cars booster and it bolted up fine, so it should bolt right up. I'll be Hella pissed if it doesn't work, everything I've researched says it fits.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
We run RBF600 in our racecars and have never had issues. The 600 actually has a higher wet boiling point that the 660 does, so it's what I usually recommend.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
No way, Jose?

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Surprised I don't see two piece rotors, don't they drastically help to keep temperature away from the spindle/wheelbearings/blablabla?

Nobody on here wants to spend the money for 2 piece rotors :lol:

They are expensive though, no joke lol.

dmfracer

Ready to race!
I think we talked about two-piece floating rotors awhile ago in this thread. I am a fan. I've had cracking issues with stock type rotors on a '97 Mustang Cobra and '00 911 during track days. With my '14 Mustang GT I didn't even bother running the stock brakes on track and went straight to the Mustang FR500 Brembos (Grand Am race car brakes) with two-piece floating rotors and a cooling hose and duct kit. Never had a problem with that car's brakes.

I am going to try running the stock rotors and calipers on my GTI with stainless hoses, RBF600 fluid and Hawk track pads (stock power, 245mm track tires and Bilstein shocks/struts with H&R springs). Any sign of brake issues and I am going straight to the Stoptech kit with 2-piece floating rotors. I don't like to fuck around with sub-par brakes on a track like Road America where there are some heavy braking zones from high speed and brake failure could get very ugly.

Surprised I don't see two piece rotors, don't they drastically help to keep temperature away from the spindle/wheelbearings/blablabla?

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, 2 piece is the way to go. The ONLY downside is cost.

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
I think we talked about two-piece floating rotors awhile ago in this thread. I am a fan. I've had cracking issues with stock type rotors on a '97 Mustang Cobra and '00 911 during track days. With my '14 Mustang GT I didn't even bother running the stock brakes on track and went straight to the Mustang FR500 Brembos (Grand Am race car brakes) with two-piece floating rotors and a cooling hose and duct kit. Never had a problem with that car's brakes.

I am going to try running the stock rotors and calipers on my GTI with stainless hoses, RBF600 fluid and Hawk track pads (stock power, 245mm track tires and Bilstein shocks/struts with H&R springs). Any sign of brake issues and I am going straight to the Stoptech kit with 2-piece floating rotors. I don't like to fuck around with sub-par brakes on a track like Road America where there are some heavy braking zones from high speed and brake failure could get very ugly.

A buddy at work had an issue on his Cobra too. Single piece Brembo rotor cracked all the way around and separated the hat section from the friction section. He's lucky he didn't put it into a wall because it happened in a hairpin braking zone

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
2 piece floating up front with the stoptechs. I really don't feel the rears need 2 piece rotors, maybe someday when I'd rather not spend the money on track time or if I ever end up having an issue with the single piece rears.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Back from vacation, and now it's crunch time. Have to get the car done and the trailer ready. Ordered a set of turnbuckles for the side splitters and some Aluminum angle stock to finish them off. April 14th is coming up quick!

Wife's helmet came in, a little bummed that white was on back order til April 26th.

New trailer needs some work.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Go get it!