GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just joined the forum

mikevaux

hopeful owner
performance

I noticed you are looking at modifications as well. I just posted this. If you find out anything, can you let me know please. I will do the same.

To introduce myself, I currently drive a Merc C240 but am very bored. I am seeking a car that looks understated but has a lot of power so I can drive it both on road and in local rally's in NZ. It is going to either be a Golf R32 or Audi s3. Both are 4 wheel drive and seem to have some upgrade paths.

The reason I am on the site is to find out what is the best performance upgrade package for an R32 and what is the best R32 to buy to upgrade. I dont want to go over the top but am looking at an 07 R32. I presume manual would be best to rally.

So if anyone has upgraded the R32 and could provide some assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

CW MKV GTI

FukenMoven!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I noticed you are looking at modifications as well. I just posted this. If you find out anything, can you let me know please. I will do the same.

To introduce myself, I currently drive a Merc C240 but am very bored. I am seeking a car that looks understated but has a lot of power so I can drive it both on road and in local rally's in NZ. It is going to either be a Golf R32 or Audi s3. Both are 4 wheel drive and seem to have some upgrade paths.

The reason I am on the site is to find out what is the best performance upgrade package for an R32 and what is the best R32 to buy to upgrade. I dont want to go over the top but am looking at an 07 R32. I presume manual would be best to rally.

So if anyone has upgraded the R32 and could provide some assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You're not going to find a mkv r32 with a manual transmission. The're all DSG. If you count paddle shifting as manual, than I guess you can squeek by on that. :p

03vrgli

I want a BNR32
Car(s)
08 Jti

Chris_86

Hi

Hi everyone - just joined this.

Hopefully picking up an edition 30 in the next couple of weeks.

Based in Kent, UK if anybody has any mod recommendations or parts for sale!

Sorry if I'm not posting right or whatever but I'm no good at this kind of thing.

Thanks, Chris

S0flyGTI

S0flyGTI
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Hi everyone! I just joined because of all the horrible dealership experiences I've had and im at a point now where I want to learn how to diy my car! I've had the car a few yrs (cpo) It still has the extended warranty, But of course because everything was replaced once they wont do it again... despite I'm under 120k. Called VWoA, a regional case manager.. No luck. So tired of getting dicked around, so I'd really like to learn the basics to keep everything running smoothly. I had the cf lpfp & hpfp & lobes replaced at 74k, i'm now at 98k & all the problems I had when the cam follower went seem to be happening again. Bad gas mileage, hesistates sometimes when taking off or when rolling and I get on it. I cant figure out my oil loss.. Some days it doesn't move at all, others down to half? Not really sure what it could be, I was losing oil like this when my intake manifold started to go but again they wont replace it.. Such a joke. I've watched videos and want to attempt it myself, i'm lacking confidence in doing it. Can anyone please help? I'd buy lunch or pay you to show me. I've always wanted to learn just need to be shown the ropes, I also have no tools. I'd like to be able to learn how to do the cam follower, DV/PCV.. Maybe down the line learn to switch out all my coolant hoses to those sexy red forge hoses haha. Anyone who can give input or help would be much appreciated! Any locals who are willing to help I'd be forever grateful. Thanks for your time!

S0flyGTI

S0flyGTI
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Depends on what you want to do with it, here's a great thread on suspension upgrade options.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176277
Word. Thanks man! Suspension is def something I want to do down the road when I can swing it. I got to get someone to show me the basics for now. That cam follower, diverter and pcv have me worried, primarily the c/f :(. Don't know what im gonna do if its shot. Def not in the funds to be paying for all of that. Keeping fingers crossed!

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
I would check on YouTube for a how-to video on how to check the cam follower. It's not that difficult of a process and shouldn't take a whole lot of tools (if you don't have the tools, it's a good time to buy some and increase the things you can do in the future). If you can check it, then you will know if it's good, needs to be replaced, or has broken through and you need further repairs. Either way, at least you know.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Is this the Meet-n-Greet thread? All you who are new here should start your own build threads...then post your ideas or desires and sort through the feedback you receive personally rather than having to sort through what is now taking place in this thread. Not being rude or offended...but suggesting to you all how to get more direct advice and suggestions related to your personal build. Not many are going to think to look here to offer any help for you when this thread is titled "Just joined the forum". Wishing you all the best and truly happy you have joined :thumbsup: