GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2007-2009: an oem+ pictorial retrospective (14.4k = no)

leegf

(OO=[][]=OO)
no, i'm far from finished writing this book, but with the car approaching its two year anniversary (and a little north of 20k on the odo), i thought it might be a good time to cobble together a brief pictorial retrospective of where she's been, and where she currently is. obviously, i didn't go crazy, but i like to think i struck a pretty good (if conservative) balance between looks (keeping it clean, oem+) and performance (by which i mean handling, not straight line speed). of course, i still have a ways to go (esp. in terms of the latter), but for now, enjoy..

the first few days, weeks, months... were heaven :happyanim:

first pair of new shoes, along with a mild drop. crappy all-season tires visible in the background. clearly, i still have a ways to go...

this is what a golfmkv meet looked like circa 2007- lots of stock wheels and ride height, bbs rs and slamitonfks virtually unheard of, etc. etc.

i have seen the light. new-to-me hufs, along with some super sticky dunlop direzza z goodness.

hufs go on 18" snows, ensuring good grip year round. winter hoonage quickly ensues.

"moar low." now it's pretty much perfect for me.

18" vision v's, which i had always wanted (initially, it was these or the karts, and the karts won). $2.07 93 octane ftw.

LIC?? somewhere off the LIE in queens...

absence's favorite spot :thumbsup:

new shoes (accompanied by fresh meat) yet again.

245/35/18 rubber:

weird pic. kinda looks like hdr, but it's just the way the light hits the paint in this particular spot.

next...??? :thumbsup:

special thanks to the car's family doctor, dan gsr. plastic surgeon, neurosurgeon, nurse practitioner... dan does it all, and makes it all look easy :thumbup: car wouldn't be where she is today without the hour+ treks to strong island...

Last edited:

hkswrxti

/black magic
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
You, sir, have an amazing car. I hope you know that.

my guess for your next set of wheels are BBS LMs, real or reps. just a guess :iono: :wink:

PS -- Do you rub at all? and what's the offset on those COs? amazing, just amazing

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
mmm, clean.

Samaj

Ready to race!
Clean ride.............!
That what i love about the MKV...........so many option of shoes. All look good.

97C280

Stage 2
I liked the Visions best.. makes me want to trade the huffs for some visions haha.

leegf

(OO=[][]=OO)
thank you.

PS -- Do you rub at all? and what's the offset on those COs?

no, but i certainly would if my fenders weren't rolled and i didn't have extra negative camber dialed into the rear. COs are et44.

I liked the Visions best.. makes me want to trade the huffs for some visions haha.

wish you were local so i could sell you my wheels :thumbsup:

kyle

Go Kart Champion
Car looks great as usual...love the COs. Actually, the hufs, karts, visions and COs are four of my fav wheels for the GTI. Those visions would likely be on my car right now if I was closer to you.