GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Don't call it a build thread

apollosfury

designeddwk
It seems like everyone is making 'build threads' these days, but I think those should be reserved for more extremely modded cars

Bought in August of 2007 with ~10 miles, it's an '07 GTI with DSG.

then i moved to Savannah, GA for school where it stayed stock for a while but eventually got some smoked turn signals, mirror signals, open fogs, intake, and autotech cup kit

After graduation (2008) I moved back up to new england where it was slow going for the first year and it only got a boost gauge. In 2009 a week after i got it out, this happened..

woke up to this...

so THAAAAT sucked...but it was all covered by their insurance.

once that shit show was over (and the relationship i had been in) it finally got stage one, turbo back exhaust, stage 2, and a new head unit. i also took off the front plate

2009 was also my first year going to H2Oi which really got me motivated. At H2O that year it got yellow fogs and lamin-x.

In 2010 got some tails from darcness, new pads and SS lines, rear storage tray, and new diverter valve, fmic,and wheels got plasti-dipped. i also swapped out the springs in the cup kit to H&R supersports

The plasti-dip kept peeling, so in 2011 i had the wheels color matched, engine/transmission mounts, catch can, yellow ftp, and plasti-dipped front grille.

2012 saw it saw a RSB, resprayed tinted tails, timing belt and dsg change, fuel pump, 2+ tune, hood notch fill, badgeless grille, glossed lower grilles, color matched bay (batt box, fuse box, coolant cap, washer cap, intake piping), and partial rear seat delete

and later in 2012 it got wheels, rear strut bar, and coilovers.

So far in 2013 it's gotten new slotted rotors, shaved front bumper, intercooler piping got painted.

Neuspeed P-Flo
Ultimo Coilovers
Eurojet 3" Exhaust
Revo Stg 2+
APR HPFP
H&R 24mm Rear Sway Bar
AWE Tuning DV
Garrett FMIC
BFI Stage 2 Engine Mount
BFI Stage 2 Transmission Mount Insert
BFI Torque Arm Insert
42DD Catch Can/PCV
Goodridge SS Brake Lines
BSH Throttle Body Pipe
Hawk Ceramic Pads
Euro Switch
Yellow 9006 Halogen Bulbs
Yellow H7 FTP Bulbs
Smoked Mirror Signals
Euro Lip
Privat Kup 18x8.5 et 36
Tinted Tail Lights
Kenwood DNX 5120
LED Interior Bulbs/Plate Bulbs
Badgeless Grille
Open Fog Grilles
Gloss all lower grilles
filled hood notch
Omori Boost Gauge w/ Vent Pod
Color matched engine bay
Rolled Fenders
Euro Sport Rear Srut Bar

It's a daily for me in the summer months and has 118,xxx miles as it sits right now. and it makes me smile every day!

Last edited:

.:R32D2

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
Looks awesome, great transformation and sweet mods. You can call it what you want!

apollosfury

designeddwk

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Looks like a great clean build to me. Good work.

apollosfury

designeddwk
Nice work, enjoy the new rotors!

Andy

Thanks. They're great so far. Also loving the ceramic pads :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

senni18

Big Turbo Lover
Great job with the car and that rear seat delete is dope. Im curious. What did you use to make it sit so well? Did you use the bottom of the rear seat as support? However you did it, it looks great!

apollosfury

designeddwk
Great job with the car and that rear seat delete is dope. Im curious. What did you use to make it sit so well? Did you use the bottom of the rear seat as support? However you did it, it looks great!

thanks. the rear seat bottoms are out and all the hooks/child safety shit is taken off the backs. they're now laid down and i made a piece to support the front.

apollosfury

designeddwk
Looks like a great clean build to me. Good work.

Looks awesome, great transformation and sweet mods. You can call it what you want!

I've been waiting for this.

looking good dude!!

looking good!!!!!!! black classix set up was really cool..

:thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: