GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is FMIC worth it?

S T

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys,
I’m thinking of getting a fmic to add on. What are your thoughts? Is it worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
Depends on what you've already done. Please list your current mods. You really don't need to think about one until you have a downpipe on the car. As far as brands go, do some searching. There's lots of useful information here and on Vortex.

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
I used to have the s3 cooler on stock turbo gli. Inlet temps drop a bit, but they drop more on the thicker cores which are typically more expensive

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
i run the ie one. its stock location. biggest core on the market afaik

S T

Passed Driver's Ed
Depends on what you've already done. Please list your current mods. You really don't need to think about one until you have a downpipe on the car. As far as brands go, do some searching. There's lots of useful information here and on Vortex.

My car is equipped with:
3” DP
3” full custom exhaust system.
Throttle pipe/turbo pipe upgrade/ turbo muffler delete (Spulen)
Stage 1 camshaft (ECS)
Lightweight pulley.
GFB+ dv
K&N open filter
Stock ecu

S T

Passed Driver's Ed
Also im planning on doing it twincooler.

All advice appreciated

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
The mabotech intercooler seems to be pretty good also. Not a fan of bicooler but works well paired with my buddies golf r intercooler and gtx2867 setup I did for him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

S T

Passed Driver's Ed
The mabotech intercooler seems to be pretty good also. Not a fan of bicooler but works well paired with my buddies golf r intercooler and gtx2867 setup I did for him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Correct me if im wrong, the twincooler works best with k04 hence GolfR. Yea many has said it will hv a turbo lag.
Im hanging here now whether to do it twin or individual. Its not a track car etc, at least it gets all the heatsoak away esp where i live. The weather here is summer all year round avg temp 35•c so yea.. reducing heatsoak is my goal here but at the same time sacrificing turbo lag. Im sure it wont be a bad lag right?

S T

Passed Driver's Ed
What if, i just use the fmic and leave the dead stock IC? All depends how my fmic performs is another question. Its all about trial and error here.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
What if, i just use the fmic and leave the dead stock IC? All depends how my fmic performs is another question. Its all about trial and error here.

The aftermarket stock location intercoolers from APR, Wagner, IE are all known excellent performers (no trial and error, that has already been done for you) all the way up to big turbo capacity. Just choose one and enjoy.

If you can get methanol and want a LOT more cooling, install a water meth system along with your new larger intercooler. The cooling and increased octane of water/meth is like magic for power retention even in very hot weather. Also with water meth you can run a more aggressive tune (more power).

S T

Passed Driver's Ed
The aftermarket stock location intercoolers from APR, Wagner, IE are all known excellent performers (no trial and error, that has already been done for you) all the way up to big turbo capacity. Just choose one and enjoy.

If you can get methanol and want a LOT more cooling, install a water meth system along with your new larger intercooler. The cooling and increased octane of water/meth is like magic for power retention even in very hot weather. Also with water meth you can run a more aggressive tune (more power).

Yea those are on my list just taking it slowly.
Thanks man

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I have the S3 FMIC with a Forge FMTwinC. My IAT data on a 29°C shows IAT running 17°C to 19°C...couldn't tell you the difference because I never looked at data when it was stock.

S T

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the S3 FMIC with a Forge FMTwinC. My IAT data on a 29°C shows IAT running 17°C to 19°C...couldn't tell you the difference because I never looked at data when it was stock.

Since u are using twincooler, any drawbacks? And any noticeable pros? Many say theres turbo lag / throttle lag

S T

Passed Driver's Ed

Im planning on doin twincooler with stock IC. Whats ur opinion on that? My goal is to have a denser engine bay since i live in summer all year round. Temp up to 40•c