GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Fueling Setups / Solutions

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Ok, I have a question for those that have gone before me.

My tuner has run into something for which he has no solution. He is using Eurodyne to tune. Car will only produce max 22psi (EFR7163), it should easily produce 30+ psi. Tuner said he did try 3 bar map.

We are using n75 for control and internal wastegate for high boost. Tuner and Eurodyne say it must be the ECU and there is no solution.

Anybody run into this and have a solution?

Larry

Hi Larry,
I don’t know the solution but as I have had same kit you have exactly, I do confirm that it’s not the ECU or n75 limit. Car used to produce 32+ PSI with DM software with same setup you have.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Larry, checked the wastegate settings and pre-load?
Logged the N75 I presume? And logged requested and actual boost?

I haven't checked anything as I don't have the car here, but I have a very experienced tuner who has tuned quite a few cars and does so regularly so I have to think he checked all the obvious things. I will say that it does seem like he really is not interested in pursuing the issue at this time. While I am disappointed it is better not to have someone work on your car that doesn't want to. Right now he just wants to finish it up and get it back to me. I am sure it will run well and the install of everything will be done top notch as he has done work for me before and it has always been done to my satisfaction.

I will probably try and reach out to a different shop and see if I can find someone who will tackle the issue of limited boost. AUTuning and Eurodyne are both saying it is the Eurodyne software and something about the version of the VW code on my ECU is not compatible and they have no fix and do not intend to pursue one.

So I may try and reach out to DM and see if he will tune my car again. Or I may see if IROZ in Las Vegas will tune it. They are Custom Code software dealers so I could avoid using Eurodyne and get a fresh start with a different product if they are willing.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Could always try a different ecu box code with immo defeat. Sounds like its just related to the particular ecu part number

Coincidentally tuner wrote me back last night and that is one of the things he is going to look at. I thought he had given up but he is still pursuing a solution.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
its cuz some models cant read the 3 bar map sensor. mine is one of them. mods in sig. i run 35 psi. a good tuner will be able to see how much fuel is left based on injector duty cycle, afr and o2 correction. the ecu will only see 22.8 cuz of the limitations of rthe 2.5 bar map sensor but the gauge shoukd read actual boost.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
I reached out to Chris Tapp a while back. It has to do with limitations on the ecu. There is 3 different ecu. 115b, 115s and 115c I think the 115b won't support 3 bar map sensor

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I reached out to Chris Tapp a while back. It has to do with limitations on the ecu. There is 3 different ecu. 115b, 115s and 115c I think the 115b won't support 3 bar map sensor

I have the 115s and have run a 3 bar map in past but as I understand it, its not about the map in terms of the boost limitation. Tuner has decided to reach out to Frank Mabo who he says writes his own software and should be able to get around whatever issue Eurodyne is having.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Curious to know who is tuning your car. We're not far from one another you're in like riverside right? Is it sneekytuned or the dude that's up there?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Curious to know who is tuning your car. We're not far from one another you're in like riverside right? Is it sneekytuned or the dude that's up there?

I have the car at AU Tuning in Huntington Beach. Dave Marsh is the tuner there. He is turning to Frank Mabo (Mabotech) on this one as he has been unable to solve the issue. He sent files over to him just waiting for new tune to come back from Frank I guess.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
That's cool. I was tuning with frank for a little bit until I got to know more and have since been revising my own tunes. Got tired of waiting and waiting and telling me my parts were sub-par to buy his. No thanks. My parts are good.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
That's cool. I was tuning with frank for a little bit until I got to know more and have since been revising my own tunes. Got tired of waiting and waiting and telling me my parts were sub-par to buy his. No thanks. My parts are good.

Oh man, thats not good news. I hope my luck is better than that.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Started by downplaying my fueling and telling me parts were sub-par to his that I shoukd sell mine and get his. I ain't fuckin with that kinda shit. Plus no actual data other than I say mine is better. That's not cool. Unitronic was good when they did tunes only 10 years ago. They've hit the downfall when they started making hardware. I have a feeling history is gonna repeat it self

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Started by downplaying my fueling and telling me parts were sub-par to his that I shoukd sell mine and get his. I ain't fuckin with that kinda shit. Plus no actual data other than I say mine is better. That's not cool. Unitronic was good when they did tunes only 10 years ago. They've hit the downfall when they started making hardware. I have a feeling history is gonna repeat it self

Got any suggestions on a tuner? Sounds like this one isn't going to play out very well.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Frank is good if you can look past some shit about him saying that some of your parts he doesn't like.