GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vibrant performance exhaust resonator

S T

Passed Driver's Ed
I've e-mailed Vibrant twice about getting this resonator, but never received an e-mail back from them. Where did you buy it?

I emailed them yesterday and 2hrs later the my replied me. Had a back to back conversation with them too. Helpful service i must say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S T

Passed Driver's Ed
Not bad.

I love the way my car sounds with my Resonator, It's some generic brand that my local muffler shop had, but it takes away the DSG Farts :cry:

I'm tempted to pull it back out, and just live with a louder car because I really miss my hard-shifting DSG Farts :frown:

By using vibrant res eliminates the dsg farts?? Really? Some say it enhances the fart sound. I’ve yet to try as I’ve just ordered a vibrant 1795.

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
Yeah, allot of aftermarket catbacks are overkill in the sound department for not much gain. The ones that sound great with a mellow cruising tone seem hella expensive. The fat resonator solution also fixed my loud shit.

S T

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah, allot of aftermarket catbacks are overkill in the sound department for not much gain. The ones that sound great with a mellow cruising tone seem hella expensive. The fat resonator solution also fixed my loud shit.

What exhaust setup do you have?

S T

Passed Driver's Ed
Just installed the vibrant performance exhaust resonator. My old setup was a atp catless dp mated to an auto tech catback. The car was loud and was starting to get kinda annoying. So after talking with my buddy, forum member Viking445 he told me about this resonator. The car is quiet now at cruising freeway speeds and is still throaty when I smash the gas pedal. Over a good product for $100 shipped including tax and $60 to weld it in. The guys at my local exhaust shop put it in in about 45 min and put it in at the very end of the dp right b4 the catback and were cool to work with. All in all a great product and super nice finish. Heres a shot of the resonator itself I didn't get an install pic but ill snap one later.

Wld there be a difference in sound to where u position the res?

S T

Passed Driver's Ed

NC09gti

Literally got rid of the drone man.. nice. Ate u dp installed?

I had a local exhaust shop weld the resonator ($48) between the catback and O² sensor on the mid pipe. The picture has the location marked where it was installed. I might take a new pic this afternoon showing the resonator.
Added pic with it installed

Attachments

• 20190425_075016-907x1209.jpg
    20190425_075016-907x1209.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 20190425_190955-1209x588.jpg
    20190425_190955-1209x588.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

S T

Passed Driver's Ed
I had a local exhaust shop weld the resonator ($48) between the catback and O² sensor on the mid pipe. The picture has the location marked where it was installed. I might take a new pic this afternoon showing the resonator.

Ic. I swapped my resonator with vibrant in the same stock location. Now waiting to choose the right muffler

S T

Passed Driver's Ed
Lookie what arrived in my post this morning [emoji2] nkw waiting for my magnaflow muffler to arrive before setting it all up.