GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 help

Manuelrios509

Passed Driver's Ed
So i went to the yunk yard and lucky me i found an APR hpfp and a Genuine vw k04 on a mkv gti. I bought both of them for 115 dollars. I am currently APR stage 2+ what else would i need to install the k04, just the s3 injectors?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
S3 injectors if you are going to run APR's tune.

Since you are probably paying full price on the K04 tune I would strongly recommend looking at other tunes.

RonY.

So i went to the yunk yard and lucky me i found an APR hpfp and a Genuine vw k04 on a mkv gti. I bought both of them for 115 dollars. I am currently APR stage 2+ what else would i need to install the k04, just the s3 injectors?

Ok im genuinely curious, how does that work? Like are the parts on the car and you uninstall them and take them for your own? I know it sounds dumb but I honestly have no idea [emoji23].

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Manuelrios509

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok im genuinely curious, how does that work? Like are the parts on the car and you uninstall them and take them for your own? I know it sounds dumb but I honestly have no idea [emoji23].

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Yes it was a gti that was in a front accident, you go in and take whatever you need,i got the blow off valve too and with everything to relocate it, got everything for less than 160 which is a steal.

Manuelrios509

Passed Driver's Ed
S3 injectors if you are going to run APR's tune.

Since you are probably paying full price on the K04 tune I would strongly recommend looking at other tunes.
I called the place that tuned by car before they said the k04 tune from apr would be 300 out the door

Manuelrios509

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow, not often you find premium shit at a junk yard, especially later model stuff, good job dude ����
It was just one of those days when luck was on my side, was going to get the injectors too they seen to be rs4 injectors, but since the intake manifold was all smashed from the accident 2 of them were broken

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
I got a ko4, short shifter, forge 007, forge tip, and a few other odds and ends once at a yard for like $100 back in my mk4 days

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
$300 isn't bad at all. My local APR dealer said their tune would be full price unless the APR kit was purchased from them.

clockwise33

New York Giants Fanatic

I picked up a K04, injectors and DV relocation from a wrecked Golf R 2 years ago and its been running great since. I also had APR S2+ and the upgrade to K04 software was $300. One nice thing about the APR upgrade is you get "fully loaded" tune even if you didn't have it with your original tune.

Something to keep an eye on is the boost spike at 3000rpm. I have my wastegate turned down 1 full turn and it will still overboost to about 25psi if I punch it at low revs. I just try to avoid WOT until the revs are high to lessen the stress on the rods.

Let me know if you have any questions about the install, I'll be glad to help.

Manuelrios509

Passed Driver's Ed
I picked up a K04, injectors and DV relocation from a wrecked Golf R 2 years ago and its been running great since. I also had APR S2+ and the upgrade to K04 software was $300. One nice thing about the APR upgrade is you get "fully loaded" tune even if you didn't have it with your original tune.

Something to keep an eye on is the boost spike at 3000rpm. I have my wastegate turned down 1 full turn and it will still overboost to about 25psi if I punch it at low revs. I just try to avoid WOT until the revs are high to lessen the stress on the rods.

Let me know if you have any questions about the install, I'll be glad to help.
That's what I'm concerned about of the internals will hold up

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
You also need a DV relocate kit...and probably a turbo outlet hose to connect to the K04. Unless you grabbed those as well. If not...go back and get them.

Manuelrios509

Passed Driver's Ed
You also need a DV relocate kit...and probably a turbo outlet hose to connect to the K04. Unless you grabbed those as well. If not...go back and get them.
I was lucky enough and i went back for both the next day, even with an evolution Motorsports blow off valve got both of them for 30 dollars, all i need is to buy some s3 injectors, but my question is are they different type of connectors from the stock ones?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I was lucky enough and i went back for both the next day, even with an evolution Motorsports blow off valve got both of them for 30 dollars, all i need is to buy some s3 injectors, but my question is are they different type of connectors from the stock ones?

Wow, sounds like you had a great find!!!
S3 do not require special connectors. How many miles on your motor?