GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurocars build thread

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Tore down the old 06F (FSI block) to grab the crank and ARP hardware out of it. Found a couple of worrisome things:

Broken tooth from oil pump gear

#2 Main bearing trashed, others no too happy either.

That engine only had ~1k miles on it so im working on trying to find a reason why they would have gotten chewed up so fast. The crank looked ok but im going to have the journals polished up anyway. The engine ran great with no weird noises, at this point im thinking some sort of contamination caused the premature bearing degradation

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Hmm..not good. How did you break it in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Haha!! The only way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Did you make the mounting brackets for these calipers yourself? I wonder what the mechanical properties of bar stock aluminum is...

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Did you make the mounting brackets for these calipers yourself? I wonder what the mechanical properties of bar stock aluminum is...

No, bought them off a guy that was advertising them on FB. They fit like garbage and im going to have to re-work them to make them even line up with the caliper mounting holes. I tried to get ahold of him and hes been ignoring all of my messages. Luis Beaumont for anyone else wondering who to not buy from

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Love that rabbit front end. At least the mileage isn't going up...