GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's quiet in here since the mk7 came out...

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
geez, just lurked back in and thought there would be no posters...
Guess I was wrong.:thumbsup:

whoalse

Snap8
Car(s)
Silva Bullet
Still loving my MkV Pirelli......
Barely 80,000km. Hahaha

Sent from OnePlus One using Tapatalk

whoalse

Snap8
Car(s)
Silva Bullet
Ooooo..... I have problems letting it go so soon though thinking of a few options to get
- MB CLA 250 Shooting Brake approx $75k
- Golf R Wagon approx $66k
- 2yo Macan Diesel (by 2017)

Sent from OnePlus One using Tapatalk

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
most likely never buying new cars anymore anyway, you lose so much money right off the bat. plus the scare of big brother's OBD3 diagnostic with transponder in these future models is scary. working fulltime again caused less online time too

FastEddieGTI

Car(s)
2008 VW Golf GTI 3dr
I am haha. I'm onto my third GTI now. Had a 05 GTI five years ago then a MK6 GTI now I'm back in a 07 MK5 GTI. F*ck I love the MK5 GTI's.

Yay!!

Glad to hear there are still people about.. I've spent the past month or so getting used to the car and I'm loving it...

I'm used to Japanese manual cars so I'm finding the automatic gearbox slightly sluggish, it's a world of difference when it is in S mode though. Not totally convinced by the usefulness of the paddle shifts, the car still overrides me and changes gear which kind of makes the paddle shifts obsolete (IMO)..Again, no complaints with S mode though (although gf is starting to question why my fuel economy is so much poorer than hers)...

Anyway.... speak to you all later

Eric6014

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2 Door 2008 GTI DSG
Not totally convinced by the usefulness of the paddle shifts, the car still overrides me and changes gear which kind of makes the paddle shifts obsolete (IMO)

Are you using them in manual mode? If you shift while in D or S, the car is designed to switch back over to automatic mode after a short time. Leave it in M and you won't have this problem. A stage 1 tune will also eliminate the rev limiter and prevent automatic shifts close to red line.