GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New here. Looking to buy an 06 MKV

Bordeaux

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/ctd/4373045368.html

that's the add. any tips on buying a VW. Current car right now is a 08 Smart Fortwo Passion. A smart car.... i know. its a smart car... anyway i've been looking for something with a turbo around that price range.

Anyway I can make it any cheaper? I'm a horrible hagler when it comes to buying cars.

I was also looking at this: http://stlouis.craigslist.org/ctd/4369792713.html

I think it wouldn't be too bad. The price is killer on it though.

Any comments or anything would be helpful. I heard about the timing belts being a problem as well so I'm not sure about either of these.

Mrvdub444

I'VE GOT A LEMON!
Car(s)
Candy White MKV
Price is killer as in good or bad? Within a year you will spend 2000 on repairs at the mileage these cars are at. If I were you I would never buy this car EVER. Please read over this forum really carefully before buying a mkv.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
That car might not be too expensive if you did all the work yourself. I wouldn't get it though. Too many miles and you would have to pay for any cam follower repairs yourself.

gmmills

South African
Car(s)
CW GTI
I'd buy my gti again if I had the chance - op the second one looks like a better buy. I'd keep shopping around though for one with lower mileage.

Spectre

Ready to race!
These things are money pits. Fun car to drive. When it runs right.
I don't know. I need more time to asses my situation to really give an honest answer. If you knew the history of the car, it would make a difference. That's the worst part. Be prepared to put $1,000 in it. And that's just for parts. Do your own labor.

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
The second one seems to be priced right compared to prices I saw when I was searching. But you'd also want to check the VIN# with a VW dealer to see what record there is of work/repairs that's been done.. timing belt service and especially the cam follower, maybe even a/c repair..
My car's been sound so far (knock on wood) but if I'd known then what I know now after digging into it, I'd probably have ponied up a few more $$ and went with the "high mileage for the year" 2010 that ticked the same boxes..