GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Fueling Setups / Solutions

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Is there any logging to support the intercooler differences? Based on design I would have thought the IE one was a bit more efficient?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I thought so too. Especially being at a solid $1000. Seems like apr and unitronic and eurojet are doing the job just fine

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Yeah I thought so too. Especially being at a solid $1000. Seems like apr and unitronic and eurojet are doing the job just fine

I had eurojet for years and it’s amazing, then moved to IE FDS and it’s good as eurojet. My friend has the APR and it’s much better than the IE FDS one.

andysamland

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
S3 intercooler here. Does the job pretty darn well.... gtx3076 25 psi

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
S3 intercooler here. Does the job pretty darn well.... gtx3076 25 psi
Really? I'm taking my bsh off in favor of stock location one. It's warmed out here in socal. So I need max cooling since I ain't running meth no more

oleve

nice thread,very helpfull

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
I am thinking to replace the RS4 injectors by the APR/S3 one.

As per APR, these injectors are capable of supporting over 500 HP in extreme applications, these gasoline direct injection injectors feature the proper spray pattern designed to support reliable operation in all normal conditions.

https://www.goapr.com/products/injectors_bosch_hdev_1.html

So, the remaining required HP can be achieved by the Aquamist WMI direct 4 ports kit.

I am not happy with the RS4 black smoke and I feel the car isn’t okay with them. Maybe this is because the car still running by the base file!

What do you think?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I am thinking to replace the RS4 injectors by the APR/S3 one.

As per APR, these injectors are capable of supporting over 500 HP in extreme applications, these gasoline direct injection injectors feature the proper spray pattern designed to support reliable operation in all normal conditions.

https://www.goapr.com/products/injectors_bosch_hdev_1.html

So, the remaining required HP can be achieved by the Aquamist WMI direct 4 ports kit.

I am not happy with the RS4 black smoke and I feel the car isn’t okay with them. Maybe this is because the car still running by the base file!

What do you think?

I say wait until you get it tuned and he has added a lot more advance. Once he does that the black smoke should go away and your EGTs should go down.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
I say wait until you get it tuned and he has added a lot more advance. Once he does that the black smoke should go away and your EGTs should go down.

You are right, but you mean advance fueling not timing, right?

Also, I want to know why folks doesn’t go for APR/S3 injectors if it supports up to 500hp and go for RS4 while it support 500hp too. I heard from etuners friend that RS4 injectors support up to 600hp not 500hp but not sure!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
You are right, but you mean advance fueling not timing, right?

Also, I want to know why folks doesn’t go for APR/S3 injectors if it supports up to 500hp and go for RS4 while it support 500hp too. I heard from etuners friend that RS4 injectors support up to 600hp not 500hp but not sure!

No I mean ignition timing in this case.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
if you're looking for really big injectors for the high-HP output (t)FSI engines, check out the injectors from DynoDrome in Greece(Europe). They are running them on their 700hp engine!
http://www.dynodrome.gr/?product=stage-2-tfsi-injectors700hp

Looks good!
But don’t know tested OEM injectors that can handle up to 600 or 700hp!
According to my knowledge and as per VAG fueling solutions, they didn’t test to the maximum the new RS3 or new RS4 so they don’t know the maximum power that they support.

Anyway, do you know if they will send the injectors coding to insert the ECU files or how I can code them?
Thanks in advance

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Looks good!
But don’t know tested OEM injectors that can handle up to 600 or 700hp!
According to my knowledge and as per VAG fueling solutions, they didn’t test to the maximum the new RS3 or new RS4 so they don’t know the maximum power that they support.

Anyway, do you know if they will send the injectors coding to insert the ECU files or how I can code them?
Thanks in advance

X2

Bluepower

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks in advance

Not exactly sure what you mean, but these injectors will of course need remapping after mounting, but my quess is that any solid tuner can do that(virtually the same as remapping RS3 injectors, but then even a bit higher fuel flow)

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Not exactly sure what you mean, but these injectors will of course need remapping after mounting, but my quess is that any solid tuner can do that(virtually the same as remapping RS3 injectors, but then even a bit higher fuel flow)

In order to make any injectors running as stock/OEM you should know exactly their coding, and as per my knowledge any professional tuner need to have access to the injectors directly by a special tool so he can figure out the correct/right spray for it.
That’s why some companies provide the right coding with their injectors specially if they didn’t provide the OEM name for it, or if they are selling it with the tune itself.

Bluepower

Passed Driver's Ed
In order to make any injectors running as stock/OEM you should know exactly their coding, and as per my knowledge any professional tuner need to have access to the injectors directly by a special tool so he can figure out the correct/right spray for it.
That’s why some companies provide the right coding with their injectors specially if they didn’t provide the OEM name for it, or if they are selling it with the tune itself.

No offense but that's BS.... afaik the actual flow of the RS3 injectors is still UNKNOWN, but still many, many tuners get them dialed in correctly.. purely but running a VE algoritme combined with the lambda actual reading... I reckon the same goes for these bigger injectors.. start from a 'known' injection amount, and correct it using VE and lambda as guides(disclaimer: I'm by far not a tuner, but I do know how to setup and tune an engine management)