GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Emanyankee's Build Thread

emanyankee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk5 Gti
Yeah those rear spindles give you a decent bump out. At least they aren't hard to do! I've gotten to that point before, question if this is the right car to go balls out on, but then said fuck it and kept going down the rabbit hole. Now I'm close to being done and the combined mods have made for one hell of a car. So glad I didn't give up and just kept rolling with it. Hopefully you don't throw in the towel, with a lot of work these cars can be incredible. Just takes a lot of time and money to get em there.

Yeah man i love the car, but with some dsg problems (not having any right now but just scared of the $ to replace if it shits out), and the FSI engine being a crap of an engine, im not sure if i want to continue with this. I'm halfway there, just gotta do roll bar, seats, harness, and possibly wing and new coils if i want to just go full out.

Been buying some guns recently too which has been taking up some of my $$$ but they're just so much fun! :D

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
hey...hey...hey buddy, I'd take an FSI any day over a TSI. Don't get me started on the MK6s.

emanyankee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk5 Gti
shout out to Forge motorsports for being flippin awesome. I bought a used forge twintake back in december and it was set up for a Dv relocation kit and i did not want to dump more into this than i needed to. So i contacted forge via phone and got no answer, then finally commented on some instagram photos about my problem and they replied. They responded and then I think forgot about it, so after a month I sent them an email back asking if they received my email. He told me to paypal them 22 bucks for it all and it was sent and shipped out the same day. Great company and finally happy to have their products. Ill post pics when i finally get 'er on!

emanyankee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk5 Gti
Put in a forge twintake that I bought back in december. Finally got the dv relocation block off plate in a month ago from Forge.

I love the way that it looks and feels. It is way better than the BSH piece of #### that I had before. It was super hard to get the intakes both in. It is def a tight fit.

emanyankee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk5 Gti
Wish I didnt buy some gold wrap for it, since its so flashy and ugly, but whatever.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Yeah man i love the car, but with some dsg problems (not having any right now but just scared of the $ to replace if it shits out), and the FSI engine being a crap of an engine, im not sure if i want to continue with this. I'm halfway there, just gotta do roll bar, seats, harness, and possibly wing and new coils if i want to just go full out.

Been buying some guns recently too which has been taking up some of my $$$ but they're just so much fun! :D

Bro, honestly I think the FSI is one of the best motors VW ever put out. Keep up on maintenence and for the most part these things are bullet proof. As Saber said, I'll take an FSI over a TSI any day. Keep in mind I own both motors, and my TSI has been a bit of a shit show. Leaks oil from everywhere, super maintenence heavy, meanwhile my FSI with 150k has given me little to no issues. One very small minor oil leak and that's it.

emanyankee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk5 Gti
Bro, honestly I think the FSI is one of the best motors VW ever put out. Keep up on maintenence and for the most part these things are bullet proof. As Saber said, I'll take an FSI over a TSI any day. Keep in mind I own both motors, and my TSI has been a bit of a shit show. Leaks oil from everywhere, super maintenence heavy, meanwhile my FSI with 150k has given me little to no issues. One very small minor oil leak and that's it.

Hmm well I can understand that, I just have had tons of oil problems and just am scared shitless about the tensioner, oil pump, and cam follower issues, lol...

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Hmm well I can understand that, I just have had tons of oil problems and just am scared shitless about the tensioner, oil pump, and cam follower issues, lol...

The FSI does not have the tensioner issue like the TSI does so breath easy in that department. I rarely zee the oil pumps/Balance shafts fail. Not saying that they don't fail, it's just rare. I think oil and oil change frequency plays the biggest part in that. Cam follower is what it is, but if you stay on top of changing them then it's a non issue. Oil leaks can be reasealed/repaired. I'm honestly a little surprised you have oil issues. Only 2 places I see commonly leak are filter housing (from over tightening) and the vacuum pump cover.

emanyankee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk5 Gti
Yeah its gotten better now, was just a pain for a long time.

did ya get a peep @ the fenders?

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Yeah its gotten better now, was just a pain for a long time.

did ya get a peep @ the fenders?

I did! They look really good! Can't imagine having them color matched was cheap. So how do you handle the rears now? That's the part that never made sense to me. I have a hard time seeing how you could match the rears in width without modification to the body.

emanyankee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk5 Gti
Thanks man, yeah ended up being 150 each for paint. The rear actually kinda flexed out with my wide af tires and people ask me all the time if I pulled them which I didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emanyankee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk5 Gti
So all my photos are gone because of photobucket, thanks lol....

Anyways, added a ultra racing mid section brace under the car and it helps body roll a ton!

--- anyone know of a good photo hosting site?