GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ABS/Traction Control Issue

k3v0

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
traction, abs, wheel speed sensors and steering wheel angle sensors all go through the ABS module, hence all the gauges go crazy when the module fails.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Hi,
From Spain, my GTI '09 and two GTI '09 more from two friends have the same issue
Hi, if you want to save money any 10-14 GTI pump will work. Other trim levels maybe, but newer GTI/GLI are safe.

CASA1985

Is it possible to tell if the used unit has come from a manual or DSG without the VIN?

That's the problem I have now - found one but they don't know whether the part has come from a manual or DSG. :iono:

Bruce Jetta5

Hi Guys

My name is Bruce from South Africa.

I have a 09 Jetta 2.0TFSi DSG with exact same symptoms of ABS control module failure.

Prices on these modules here is really expensive. I would like to go down the Mk6 gti pump and module route.

Car has been to the mechanic and has confirmed that i do require a ABS control module. The car has been parked off since.

I did check on the pump that my pump number is 1K0614517BE and the mechanic says that I require a control module with the part number 1K0907375AP.

With those that went the MK6 gti route could you guys tell me which part number on the pump and module will be suitable for me from the MK6?

I can source the MK6 complete units here and is a much cheaper option. I do have friends with access to VAGcom with regards to the coding.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

jgamino4

Hi guys,

The ABS control module recently went out on my 2009 Rabbit S (6spd auto) and I was hoping someone could help me out with getting a replacement part. I am looking to buy the part and have a local shop install it but I'm unsure if I need the module that has Hill Descent Control. How can I tell if it has Hill Descent Control or not?

Thank you in advance!

Nitrorea

Ready to race!
Hello all,

Just wanted you all to know that someone from NHTSA contacted me yesterday regarding the claim/filing I made several months ago. Seems to be some movement here maybe....we shall see.

jgamino4

Hello all,

Just wanted you all to know that someone from NHTSA contacted me yesterday regarding the claim/filing I made several months ago. Seems to be some movement here maybe....we shall see.

Any updates on the contact with NHTSA? I filed a complaint earlier this month!

Nyboy07

Gray Fox
Car(s)
UG MKV
So looks like add another 09 to the list. Dealer whats 1500 just for the module, didn't even ask about labor. I really hope the NHTSA get VW to do a recall.

anyway, I've read through the majority of this thread, and still a little lost. My plan is to buy the module and get a shop to install it. now I'm a little lost as to what to get.

I found a few on ebay off MK6's that looks good for example this one but it only mentions the pump part number and not the module's

Also is there a difference in ABS modules from a DSG or 6 speed car?

triumph

So looks like add another 09 to the list. Dealer whats 1500 just for the module, didn't even ask about labor. I really hope the NHTSA get VW to do a recall.

anyway, I've read through the majority of this thread, and still a little lost. My plan is to buy the module and get a shop to install it. now I'm a little lost as to what to get.

I found a few on ebay off MK6's that looks good for example this one but it only mentions the pump part number and not the module's

Also is there a difference in ABS modules from a DSG or 6 speed car?

Sorry can't help you, I found info on part numbers on the internet to be EXTREMELY unreliable/confusing. And junk yards have no clue, they think the ABS modules are compatible between early mk5's and later ones (they are not). Your best bets are to find one that has the exact same part number as yours, or find one of the part numbers in this thread that has worked for someone else who started with your part number.

I could not even find the correct info on the internet for what the correct superseding part number was for my 2009. All of the ETKA's and parts fiches online are not very easy to use, and suspect. Unless you can get a nice guy at a dealership parts desk to give you a part number.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I can tell you that 2011 GTI pump/module combo WORKS. The module part number will be a variation of 1K0907379. The pump will be something like 1K0614517. Some list the pump number and some the module number, it's best to buy used from a newer mk6 as you get both parts. DSG or manual should not matter if it's a GTI, other models like Golf or Jetta I'm not sure. There is a list of various module revisions in this thread-
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87293&highlight=esp+defeat
Pics of mk6 pump

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
Hello all,

Just got an email from an NHTSA investigator today too.