GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Headliner color that goes well with Intense Teal?

Nyboy07

Gray Fox
Car(s)
UG MKV
So I'm planning on getting my car dipped in Intense Teal in the coming months (Something like this sick rocco: http://i.imgur.com/mCLkheA.jpg) but my headliner is getting really bad.

I was thinking that I might as well get a custom headliner done and was wondering what would be a good color that goes well with that teal or just screw it and keep it stock black/gray.

Thanks!

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Black, grey or silver. With something that bright, it's probably wiser to go more neutral with the headliner. I do like the idea of teal stitching, though! :thumbup:

Then again, bright ass orange just might work....but you'd have to have orange wheels or something to match. Probably kind of a 'sensory overload' kinda car, though.

Nyboy07

Gray Fox
Car(s)
UG MKV

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Camo is SOOOOOO over-done these days. Everything from sunglasses and purses to coats, phone cases and flashlights.

Just. say. no.

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
IMO the headliner shouldn't be the thing that attracts attention. If I was redoing an interior I'd put the most effort into the seats, everything else should blend into the background with stitching that matches what you did with the seats.

If the headliner is all you're going to do I'm tempted to say just do alcantara in the stock colour. The problem with making it the only obvious custom thing is that it just makes the stock-ness of the rest of the interior stand out that much more.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Dark gray of some sort. Complimentary color.

Nyboy07

Gray Fox
Car(s)
UG MKV
Thanks for all your suggestions. I think I'm gonna get same stock color but in suede.

scotland5finest

Passed Driver's Ed
That pink from the vice city game cover would be sick, have the whole south beach colors going. You could even get some shoes that have that colorway. But since Lebron left us fuck that lol. Get the dolphins orange that would be cool, and your shit would be legit af for tailgates.

BAMF

Ready to race!
Thanks for all your suggestions. I think I'm gonna get same stock color but in suede.

This is the route I'm going with my sagging headliner. I considered going with a different color, but IMO when the headliner doesn't match all of the surrounding trims (visors, grab handles, pillar covers, etc) it looks terrible, and matching all of those parts adds so much work and cost.

If you were going to go balls out and do the whole interior though, a clean sharp white would look hot with teal, in a very Miami Vice way. You wouldn't be able to sneeze in the direction of the car without getting it dirty though!

Nyboy07

Gray Fox
Car(s)
UG MKV
This is the route I'm going with my sagging headliner. I considered going with a different color, but IMO when the headliner doesn't match all of the surrounding trims (visors, grab handles, pillar covers, etc) it looks terrible, and matching all of those parts adds so much work and cost.

If you were going to go balls out and do the whole interior though, a clean sharp white would look hot with teal, in a very Miami Vice way. You wouldn't be able to sneeze in the direction of the car without getting it dirty though!

Yeah I agree and Teal with all white interior would be sick but I don't have the money to to full conversion like that...some day maybe.

I went ahead and got it done in charcoal suede and got the pillars done while I was at it. The color is almost spot on with the factory stuff. I love the looks of and it sure as hell beat the sagging headliner lol.

Here is a bad panoramic shot. I really need to get a better pic.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
In for better pics, but looks like it turned out great!