GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to make my exhaust sound louder?

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I like this idea. We'll jack the thread with nonsense, by then OP will have learned how to search.

I don't want this OP to search. He played along and contributed a lot of humor to the thread, which wouldn't have happened had he searched in the first place. I wish more nOObs were as awesome as this one. Kudos to all of you saucy gentlemen. This was the funnest thread I've experienced in a while.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
I don't want this OP to search. He played along and contributed a lot of humor to the thread, which wouldn't have happened had he searched in the first place. I wish more nOObs were as awesome as this one. Kudos to all of you saucy gentlemen. This was the funnest thread I've experienced in a while.

WHILE I agree, that this OP, was indeed a cool dude, other OP's certainly need to be a massive noob.

Car(s)
Subaru
so i was thinking. i have a corsair k60 and a razer blackwidow ultimate. im thinking i should stop using the k60 cause i dont like the cherry reds and it hurts my wrest but the blackwidow doesnt like when i plug my ssf4 stick in. i just dont know what i should do. k60 or blackwidow? i love the cherry blacks so much that i cant stand these cherry red switches.... especially when i hit a rubber dome hahaahahahha.

Malibuboats91

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2010 Jetta Wolfsburg
Thanks for all the help! I scored the pussy flo today for only $199! I feel like that's a pretty good deal considering how well of a performer it is.

I typically search, but am way too indecisive to decide off of my research. This thread was well worth me expressing my noobness.

Car(s)
Subaru
Thanks for all the help! I scored the pussy flo today for only $199! I feel like that's a pretty good deal considering how well of a performer it is.

I typically search, but am way too indecisive to decide off of my research. This thread was well worth me expressing my noobness.

awesome man. happy you enjoy the noises :thumbsup:

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
so i was thinking. i have a corsair k60 and a razer blackwidow ultimate. im thinking i should stop using the k60 cause i dont like the cherry reds and it hurts my wrest but the blackwidow doesnt like when i plug my ssf4 stick in. i just dont know what i should do. k60 or blackwidow? i love the cherry blacks so much that i cant stand these cherry red switches.... especially when i hit a rubber dome hahaahahahha.

K70 duh

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
Dp makes a nice difference in sound quality even with the stock catback. I did a 3 inch 42 draft designs catted nonresonated dp before I got a catback. It sounded meaner than stock, especially when I got on it, but a little too quiet driving gently. I added their catback to get a ful turboback setup, 3 inches stem to stern, and now it is loud as shit...too loud, in fact.

Don't get a louder catback until you add a dp to your existing setup. You might find it's perfect at that point, or even too loud.

Your exhaust is going to be relatively quiet if it has a stock section, be it the dp or the catback, since a big part of the volume comes from having an unrestricted 3 inch setup from the engine to the tailpipe. Add the narrower, more restrictive downpipe or the stock catback to an aftermarket section, and the noise level is going to be limited by the lack of flow and the greater muffling of the factory section. As soon as you open up that sewer pipe all the way you'll hear a shit-ton more noise.

If you go to a different catback first, and then decide a few months later to add a dp to the equation, you might end up having the car be way louder than expected, and it'll be a lot harder to switch directions and go quieter. Plus, you'll feel a bit of power over Stage 1 by adding a dp. An additional benefit is that if you flash to Stage 2, your sound quality will get even beefier with the more aggressive mapping.

Before you jump the gun, remember that it's easier to make a car get louder, but not so easy to make a car quieter once you take a look at your choices. If you do get a new catback added. there's a good chance it'll sound like mine: ridiculously loud.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178771&page=3

I wouldn't worry about clutch issues. Mine lasted to about 108k miles and I was tuned since about 25K or so.

What he said. Change the down pipe first and if you feel it needs to be louder after that then look for a different cat back.

Malibuboats91

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2010 Jetta Wolfsburg
I have another stupid question lol. Do any of you with the 2.0 tsi run boost gauges? If so how did you tap for boost? The New South gauge came with a tap that requires puncturing the open port on the intake manifold. I've been reading and people are saying not to do it because bits of plastic could get in there and cause damage.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21365278449.494435.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21365278421.382432.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21365278421.382432.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 151

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
No need to do that. Just get a boost tap from BSH or 42dd or any of the other companies that sell em for like 40 bucks and you'll have a non-permanent source for tapping boost which you can remove when you get rid of the car. I'm not sure if a boost tap will work with a stock pcv system (I can't remember what it all looks like ATM) but mine works well with my BSH Stage 1 pcv upgrade which cost like $99 and is a worthwhile preventative maintenance upgrade since your stock pcv is likely to blow now that you're tuned. My stock pcv leaked boost at Stage 1 and I gained a lot of power just by switching to the BSH pcv fix since my pcv must have been leaking since before the tune.

Malibuboats91

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2010 Jetta Wolfsburg
No need to do that. Just get a boost tap from BSH or 42dd or any of the other companies that sell em for like 40 bucks and you'll have a non-permanent source for tapping boost which you can remove when you get rid of the car. I'm not sure if a boost tap will work with a stock pcv system (I can't remember what it all looks like ATM) but mine works well with my BSH Stage 1 pcv upgrade which cost like $99 and is a worthwhile preventative maintenance upgrade since your stock pcv is likely to blow now that you're tuned. My stock pcv leaked boost at Stage 1 and I gained a lot of power just by switching to the BSH pcv fix since my pcv must have been leaking since before the tune.

Okay thanks. So you would recommend that I don't do that with piercing a hole? That's what the directions say. It sucks that they don't include hardware to do it so it is reversible.

Malibuboats91

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2010 Jetta Wolfsburg
Well you asked earlier if billy boat ever goes on sale...I know you went with the intake but for future reference...don't know what prices you were looking at but hers a catted version

http://www.redline-motorworks.com/Billy_Boat_GTI_GLI_A3_2_0T_3_Downpipe_p/fpim-0475.htm

Thanks for the reply! Last week I got a tune, boost gauge and intake so I'm holding off on mods for awhile now lol. Downpipe is most likely going to be my next mod so I will definitely keep that in mind.

Malibuboats91

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2010 Jetta Wolfsburg
Well I installed the P-Flo and my boost tap today. All I can say is WOW!! It hisses really loud and sometimes sounds almost like a gun shot. My exhaust seems to have a deep growl now and I love it. Thanks for all the help! ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21365813028.922650.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21365813043.096286.jpg

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Great, glad you like it! Are you happy with the way your car sounds now?

Malibuboats91

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2010 Jetta Wolfsburg
Great, glad you like it! Are you happy with the way your car sounds now?

Yeah I love it! I cannot believe how loud that intake is lol. It made my car sound totally different. The tune and intake made it sound so much better.