GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Koni yellows and ride Height

bass45646

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 gti, 22 gti s
I had koni yellows (sports) installed on my 2008 gti recently, paired with H&R sport springs. For the past 40k mi. I had the H&R sport springs paired with my stock shocks/struts and thought that, at least aesthetically, the height was perfect.
Now with the Koni's, handling and ride quality has improved dramatically, but there was one unexpected result: The ride height seems noticeably lower (close to 1/2 inch) than when paired with the stock struts. It was my understanding that installing new struts/shocks would not affect ride height at all. Anyone else experience anything similar?

.....maybe it's all in my head, but it was the first thing I noticed after they were installed..

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
When I had my Koni Yellows installed after running on stock struts with Supersports I had to do the fender screw mod because the car was just a tad lower than before. The amount was probably just a few millimeters or due to alignment with the new struts, but it was enough to rub on the screw holding the fender well trim to the the fender.

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Wonder if this is same for srt's. Doing mine on sat,

Mine STR.T's are going in two weeks from now. Let me know in OT if they are in fact a tiny bit lower or not. I hope so, I'd really like that extra 1/4". :thumbsup:

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Mine STR.T's are going in two weeks from now. Let me know in OT if they are in fact a tiny bit lower or not. I hope so, I'd really like that extra 1/4". :thumbsup:

You would want that extra 1/4'' lololol

apollosfury

designeddwk
You would want that extra 1/4'' lololol

Z-man84

Resurrecting this thread, any chance you guys could post Pics of the sports/yellows and of the sports/srt's? I have sports now on my rabbit and am considering yellows, but am worried about excessive rake if the yellows drop the front height more than the rear.

Thanks!!

'09_TSI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'09 Sportwagen
For what it's worth I put a set of the STR.T's on my '09 GTI a few weeks ago with the DG springs that I had been running on stock SACHS struts and my front end dropped enough to create a raked look. I had about 1 finger gap up front and 2.5 in rear. I did NOT like the raked look nor the soft feeling of the STR.Ts so I've gone back to my stock struts for now and the car is nice and level.

FYI - My STR.Ts will be for sale soon. They are like NEW with about 1,000 miles on them. PM if interested :thumbsup: