GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stupid exhaust thread!

crystalwhiteveedub

Gas Sipper
Car(s)
2009 5 Door GTI
I know this question has most likely been addressed, however I have searched and cant seem to find my exact answer.

I want to go stage 2 with my tsi. I have the intake, will be ordering and s3 intercooler, and now just need the downpipe. I've known several people to have success with the ebay downpipe and am going that route. My problem is sound. I want the performance without rasp or ricery.

If I use the stock catback, keep stock resonator, and have the catless downpipe, what will it sound like? I cant seem to find a video?

Also, will adding another resonator to the downpipe make it as close to stock as possible? I want to stay away from cats as they are expensive and dont flow like a straight through resonator.

Thanks for the help guys!

crystalwhiteveedub

Gas Sipper
Car(s)
2009 5 Door GTI
Alright, my plan was to try it and then go with a resonator if it was too loud. Just seeing if anyone else had better solutions, personal experience, videos, etc.

sikkony

Civil Engineer
It will not sound like stock as stated above. Very loud when you WOT, especially at certain RPMs. Might also drone too. It will also sound raspy.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
I would not call it "loud", but, it sounds "deeper" at WOT, normal conditions? no change.

EuroCustoms

Ready to race!
Here is our downpipe with the stock catback non res delete to give you an idea inside & outside.