GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Some take a look at this pic.

kenneth_cano

kenneth
Car(s)
2006 GTI MKV
Its the radiator hose on the driver side leaking oil. If you look close you can see a drop.
Anyone know what can be the problem?
should oil even be down there?
any help appreciated:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Photo0773.jpg
    Photo0773.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 431

kenneth_cano

kenneth
Car(s)
2006 GTI MKV
Shit, is this normal to have oil in there? Its been like that for a few months now.
VW dealer said $200 + labor to replace the one hose.
I'm thinking its just a bad hose, i took it off and there was no O-ring? :eek:
Could it be that?

PCDT99

Banned
Car(s)
2006 BMP GTI
Shit, is this normal to have oil in there? Its been like that for a few months now.
VW dealer said $200 + labor to replace the one hose.
I'm thinking its just a bad hose, i took it off and there was no O-ring? :eek:
Could it be that?

Its the stock inter-cooler hose leaking some oil,
Any way i can fix?
thinking of just buying an s3 intercooler:thumbsup: since the dealer wants to charge me 200+ to replace the hose. :mad:

Yeah, its "normal" but you should fix it. It happens alot with the stock IC hoses, and is a sign that you have a minor boost leak in your system. :thumbsup:

kenneth_cano

kenneth
Car(s)
2006 GTI MKV
Yeah, its "normal" but you should fix it. It happens alot with the stock IC hoses, and is a sign that you have a minor boost leak in your system. :thumbsup:

So then i have a minor boost leak for sure?? :cry:
What could it be? PCV?:iono:

Is it me or does it seem better to buy a s3 intercooler rather than buying new hose or getting it fixed?
Where can i find the lowest priced S3 IC for my 06 fsi? ive looked for bout an hour and cant find it :frown:

Prana

Since 88'
If you had a TSI then i would say go for it and get the S3 intercooler since its basically the same price after labor. Unfortunately, i see that you have an FSI, which puts you in kind of a pickle. If it were me though i would probably just take the hit and upgrade.

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
If you had a TSI then i would say go for it and get the S3 intercooler since its basically the same price after labor. Unfortunately, i see that you have an FSI, which puts you in kind of a pickle. If it were me though i would probably just take the hit and upgrade.

The S3 intercooler is compatible with both the FSI and TSI engine so I don't see why it would be a problem.

kenneth_cano

kenneth
Car(s)
2006 GTI MKV

PCDT99

Banned
Car(s)
2006 BMP GTI
So the S3 IC for the TSI like this one from ECS http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_V--2.0T/Engine/Intercooler/ES9949/ would fit just fine on my FSI?

Im ok with paying a few $$ for a brand new IC and better performance over stock.:biggrin:

What about the minor boost leak? how can i find out if i have one?

You need the part number:
1K0145803P

For the S3 intercooler your looking for.

As for the boost leak, yes you have one but it is very minor. You can tell just because you have oil escaping from your IC hoses. It isnt really an issue but it does indicate you have a small leak.

To fix it you need to get better IC hoses (silicone) and hose clamps (T-Clamps) over the usually ones most people use.

Car(s)
Subaru
Just to clarify that the s3 ic on ecs is for fsi too. The fsi you just need to cut your hoses down to size.

The ic isn't the problem though, it's the hoses. I wouldn't pay someone to do it though. Literally it would take 15mins. Try taking the hose off and then wrap it with that white plumbers tape stuff. Thats prolly the cheapest fix out besides the ignore it fix. Be sure to be ready to catch the oil btw

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI

Yea no clue what this guy is talking about, it's the same process for both tsi and fsi.

kenneth_cano

kenneth
Car(s)
2006 GTI MKV
Just to clarify that the s3 ic on ecs is for fsi too. The fsi you just need to cut your hoses down to size.

The ic isn't the problem though, it's the hoses. I wouldn't pay someone to do it though. Literally it would take 15mins. Try taking the hose off and then wrap it with that white plumbers tape stuff. Thats prolly the cheapest fix out besides the ignore it fix. Be sure to be ready to catch the oil btw

So then the one on ecs that says only TSI will fit just by doing some cutting on the stick hoses?:biggrin: My main question right now is, will the S# ic for tsi fit my fsi perfectly without issues other than cutting the hoses?

And thats exactly what i did, took it off and wrapped it in with the white tape, still leaks :frown:

BTW thanks for the part number up there:thumbsup: