GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How do you remove the hose from the fuel pump?

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
I am trying to change the cam follower on my 07 gti, 06/06 build date. I removed one line but the other line I am having trouble removing. I tried to remove the hose from the other side but it seemed difficult as well. I was able to back off the clamp but wasn't able to remove the hose. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

GTIfox101

Ready to race!
I didn't take mine off. I just got something to squeeze the clip together then just moved the clip down the hose so it would come off. I never actually took the hose off.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
You don't need to disconnect that one to change a cam follower. When I took it off to remove the pump I backed the clamp down the hose and then twisted / pried at the hose with pliers and screwdriver to get it off.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I just did this last weekend and everyone is correct, you can leave that one connected and still remove the pump and change the cam follower.

If/When you do need to remove it, just use a pair of pliers to squeeze the two ears of the clamp together to release its clamping pressure and wiggle off connection. Yours look little difficult to reach and you might need to use a screwdriver to rotate into a position where you can do the above.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I was able to remove my hose on my TSI motor by removing the clip and using a flathead as mentioned.