GOLFMKV

Verizon HTC Thunderbolt

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
Regular razr or maxx?

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
ICS on my Thunderbolt? Yes please!

Didn't think I'd ever change from SOAB, but I did and now my phone is decent again. It hasn't hard restarted on me all day long, or dropped 4g service.

Still getting rid of this GIANT POS I bought (thanks to DanSan) as soon as I can though.

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
ICS on my Thunderbolt? Yes please!

Didn't think I'd ever change from SOAB, but I did and now my phone is decent again. It hasn't hard restarted on me all day long, or dropped 4g service.

Still getting rid of this GIANT POS I bought (thanks to DanSan) as soon as I can though.

haha, hey sometimes you get a good one and sometimes you dont. for most, the TB was not a good one lol. take my galaxy nexus off my hands, ill get an S3 lol jk.

btw jelly bean is awesome, smooth as fuck. obviously my nexus 7 is running it but also my galaxy nexus is too

also dpham, my gf got a replacement razr because her screen was bugging out. this new one has horrid battery life. im trying to get her to call and get a new one

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
haha, hey sometimes you get a good one and sometimes you dont. for most, the TB was not a good one lol. take my galaxy nexus off my hands, ill get an S3 lol jk.

btw jelly bean is awesome, smooth as fuck. obviously my nexus 7 is running it but also my galaxy nexus is too

also dpham, my gf got a replacement razr because her screen was bugging out. this new one has horrid battery life. im trying to get her to call and get a new one

Dude, my thunderbolt has been so bad and tier'd data makes me so mad that I'm probably gonna leave verizon finally. I might even turn into one of these sheeple who goes and buys and iPhone 5.

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
Dude, my thunderbolt has been so bad and tier'd data makes me so mad that I'm probably gonna leave verizon finally. I might even turn into one of these sheeple who goes and buys and iPhone 5.

I never had any issues with my TB yet i knew people who replaced them like 6 times. It was just sloppy device and yes verizon pissed so many people off with tiered data, we're fucked from now on out. even though i only use less than 1.5gb a month at max i still dont want to worry about hitting the cap. best bet mark, find somebody selling a mint condition galaxy nexus. tons are floating around after everybody upgraded to the S3. the nexus is a solid phone, gets all the newest software versions right away, unlocked bootloader so its mad easy to hack, NFC, 4G obviously, only thing is it doesnt have an SD card but its 32gb onboard so whatever.

and dont get an iShit. thats a downgrade from the TB lol

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
I never had any issues with my TB yet i knew people who replaced them like 6 times. It was just sloppy device and yes verizon pissed so many people off with tiered data, we're fucked from now on out. even though i only use less than 1.5gb a month at max i still dont want to worry about hitting the cap. best bet mark, find somebody selling a mint condition galaxy nexus. tons are floating around after everybody upgraded to the S3. the nexus is a solid phone, gets all the newest software versions right away, unlocked bootloader so its mad easy to hack, NFC, 4G obviously, only thing is it doesnt have an SD card but its 32gb onboard so whatever.

and dont get an iShit. thats a downgrade from the TB lol

Actually I'm still on my original Thunderbolt. I've had 2 SIM cards go bad though. Nearly 2 years later.

Thats not really my thing, its the poor battery life, all the horrible restarts, the bad radios, diffucult to root/rom. This was my first phone ever that wasn't a motorola. I KNEW I should have held out for a bionic. So I really want a motorola phone. I don't trust Samsung, and I DAMN sure aint getting another HTC. I'm still running out my Alltel contract through verizon but they're pushing me out in January no matter what.

But no cool motorola phones + tiered data plans+ terrible local customer service at verizon = me looking for a new carrier.

Edit: But in the mean time, thanks for letting mew know about ICS. This is awesome compared to SOAB.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
I would personally never get the gnex because of the subpar radio, however, I did see used ones go for $180 on cowboom recently, and you can return if it does not go well.

As for the tbolt, if you have problems, call Verizon, after a few refurbs, they may let you get another phone under warranty. I went from the tbolt to rezound to razr maxx under warranty replacements. Both the rezound and razr maxx run better than the tbolt and have better radio.

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
I never really have any issues with my gnex. Due to some recent radio upgrades via software and hardware changes its better. Yes my phone won't get 4G or will have less bars than my girls RAZR but thats expected as nobody beats Motorola radios. I wish Motorola would make the next nexus, unlocked boot loader, awesome radios, pure AOSP android, no blur

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
Is there a version 2 of the gnex with different hardware? Glad to hear that the radio is better now, but because I live in a fringe signal area, I need a phone with good signal.

I was reading the forums about 2 weeks ago cuz they were seeing different software/hardware revision numbers in the about page on the phone. A shit ton of refurbs had horrible reception

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
I was reading the forums about 2 weeks ago cuz they were seeing different software/hardware revision numbers in the about page on the phone. A shit ton of refurbs had horrible reception

Interesting. Reminds me of the mr1 fiasco on the Thunderbolt.

Some have also reported that verizon updated the software on the GSIII, and that the new one doesn't have as good of a radio.

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI