GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Verizon HTC Thunderbolt

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
I compared my razr maxx to a siii yesterday and I gotta say I'm not impressed by the siii. Just doesn't seem any better IMO

Got the maxx as a warranty replacement, the gs3 seems better to me. Bigger sharper screen, less lag.

Usb otg doesn't work on the maxx without a power source which kinda defeats the "on the go".

Maxx does seem to have slightly better radio and does have an easier to use hdmi out and lapdock.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
I compared my razr maxx to a siii yesterday and I gotta say I'm not impressed by the siii. Just doesn't seem any better IMO

USB on the go? What's this all about?

It is a cable adapter that allows you to connect usb devices like keyboard, mouse, usb drives, even other phones. On the. gs3, it works without another power source. On the razr, it works, but needs an external power source.

Example on a razr

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=/watch?v=Ax1RIuwRWhw&v=Ax1RIuwRWhw&gl=US

Example on a gs3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46IiRyigUH0

Cable is pretty cheap on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005FUNYSA/

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
I guess I'm too used to having all my data in the cloud and don't have a need to read USB drives from my phone. I haven't saved a file onto a pc in I don't know how long lol

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
I guess I'm too used to having all my data in the cloud and don't have a need to read USB drives from my phone. I haven't saved a file onto a pc in I don't know how long lol

Right, I understand, but if someone has something on a usb stick, and you want to access it without a computer, then the usb otg is nice.

Sometimes, when typing a lot, I like to use a usb keyboard.

Not really a huge deal by any means, just something nice to have.

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
Right, I understand, but if someone has something on a usb stick, and you want to access it without a computer, then the usb otg is nice.

Sometimes, when typing a lot, I like to use a usb keyboard.

Not really a huge deal by any means, just something nice to have.

True good point, the keyboard hookup would be really nice! I don't know why I haven't tried it, but bluetooth keyboards should work right?

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
True good point, the keyboard hookup would be really nice! I don't know why I haven't tried it, but bluetooth keyboards should work right?

Yeah, it should work. I have tried it on various devices but not the maxx yet. I don't normally use bluetooth, so I would have to turn it on, connect the device, then when done, turn it off. I also have a bluetooth speaker and again, works fkne, but i prefer to use the cable, to me, it is quicker and less headache.

Btw, is there a way to change the lock screen shortcuts on the maxx in ics?

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
Yeah, it should work. I have tried it on various devices but not the maxx yet. I don't normally use bluetooth, so I would have to turn it on, connect the device, then when done, turn it off. I also have a bluetooth speaker and again, works fkne, but i prefer to use the cable, to me, it is quicker and less headache.

I hear ya, I keep everything turned off too, so using it would be a little bit of a pain, but I'm going to give it a shot anyway just to know if it works or not.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
What is the battery life on your Maxx?

This is a screen shot but of about 90% battery life only, so even adding 10% it would still be under 5 hours.

btw, i love the screen outdoors. you can read it clearly. on my tb, rez, and gs3, it is hard to see in daylight.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-08-09-17-24-39.png
    Screenshot_2012-08-09-17-24-39.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 312
  • Screenshot_2012-08-09-17-25-04.png
    Screenshot_2012-08-09-17-25-04.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 321
  • Screenshot_2012-08-09-17-24-30.png
    Screenshot_2012-08-09-17-24-30.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 301

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
my brother gets nasty battery life on his s3. like 1 1/2 days on a full charge. he loves it

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus

my brother gets nasty battery life on his s3. like 1 1/2 days on a full charge. he loves it

How much screen on time and wifi or 3g or 4g? Also good signal strength or not? What is his usage?

There are so many variations that come into play when talking about battery life. The GSIII has good battery life not as good as the maxx, but not a huge distance behind, at least based on my usage on both phones.

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
How much screen on time and wifi or 3g or 4g? Also good signal strength or not? What is his usage?

There are so many variations that come into play when talking about battery life. The GSIII has good battery life not as good as the maxx, but not a huge distance behind, at least based on my usage on both phones.

Yea obviously the variables come into play but just throwing out my brothers numbers as its something u can get.

I can tell you, he uses juice defender, rocks WiFi pretty much all the time. No idea on his screen on time.