GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy: CNC hats for 2 pcs rotor (Cayenne 18/17ZL calipers app.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirkbar

Mod til I drop
I'm I still the only one with the rears on (Viper) ?...

/Best regards

I got my rears (w/Vipers) on this weekend. Several issues - solved all them them but one.

When cornering hard I have something hitting. I think it's the main mounting bolts hitting the hat nuts. I get a fast thump-thump sound.

I swaped out for shorter bolts but it's still there. The only solution I can think of is to grind down the hat bolts a bit. I can't reverse the mounting bolts because I have vipers and the can only go in one way.

Anyone else have this problem?

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
I don't have any noises with my brakes, AFAIK.

however, my Viper Parking Brakes literally do not do a thing. Maybe the guy who installed it didn't do the E-Brake Cable properly at all, or calibrate something, but my handbrake is virtually useless, :lol:

Those who are tracking with 18ZL Setups, what Pads are you planning on running?

I would run HP+s, but Hawk doesn't make them. Only HPS.

I have to then step up to Porterfields or Carbotechs, both of which aren't too DD Friendly.

TIA! :)

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
I don't have any noises with my brakes, AFAIK.

however, my Viper Parking Brakes literally do not do a thing. Maybe the guy who installed it didn't do the E-Brake Cable properly at all, or calibrate something, but my handbrake is virtually useless, :lol:

Those who are tracking with 18ZL Setups, what Pads are you planning on running?

I would run HP+s, but Hawk doesn't make them. Only HPS.

I have to then step up to Porterfields or Carbotechs, both of which aren't too DD Friendly.

TIA! :)

I run the Porterfield R4-S pads on my setup. VERY DD friendly. And quite abit more aggressive than the HPS in my experience. LPI racing has the best price on them. $$ but very good pads. I run them on both my cars.

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
Would you compare them to the HP+ Pads?

no personal experience with the HP+ so I wont say. I just know Ive personally used like 5 sets of R4-S pads on different cars/setups and will continue to use them on everything I own. Obviously if I had a track only car I would use something more aggressive but these are perfect for any street car. imo.

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
Its really not hard to quickly change the brake pads when you get to the track.

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
stg 3 rear BBK kit for sale

Have decided to sell my stage 3 330mm rear bbk kit. Just dont feel the need for it for what I do with the car.

Everything shown in the pic is included. All hardware for the rotors/brackets/calipers is included.

You will need:
Rear touareg brake pads
MKIV R32 style brake lines
Right side viper parking caliper

I have roughly $1k dollar invested in this kit.
Im asking $650 shipped. Add $200-300 for the rest of the parts and have the best rear bbk on the market for around $1k.

email me at durkyturk@gmail.com if you're interested.

arm1tage

Passed Driver's Ed
Booyah!

After nearly 2 years of collecting parts, the brake kit is on!

I saved over 12 lbs per side (weighed using my bathroom scale).

Weights per side:
Stock caliper and pads: 23lbs
Stock 340x30 rotor: 22lbs
Total: 45lbs

Cayenne caliper:10lbs
Rotors: 17.5lbs (please confirm)
Pads: 5lbs (please confirm)
Total: 32.5lbs

The car handles amazing, even a bigger difference than saving 10lbs per corner thru lighter wheels. Haven't had a chance to really beat on them but pedal is more progressive than stock. I liked the hard initial bite of the single pistons so this is taking some adjustment. Feels nice and solid though.

Only install issues were the wrong thickness washers (I had the 34mm thick discs). My mechanic made a trip to the hardware store and found some stainless ones to center the caliper on the rotor. He also trimmed the dust shields a good amount. No rubbing issues with the ball joints. Stoptech lines worked great without the banjo bolt (thread in).

Thanks to John @ JAAutowerks for a perfect install! A very friendly and knowledgable guy with a great work ethic. Highly recommended.

Better pics to come...

Status
Not open for further replies.