GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Koni Discussion Thread

DUSlider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16' GTI SE/PP
So has anyone determined how high these can go? I adjusted them a bit for winter when I put the winter wheels on. For the front, I spun the locking colar all the way down in the front and adjusted the height so that I could spin the locking colar back up 38 times before I tightened it to lock it. It's maybe about 2/3 the way up.

For the rear, I adjusted them until the bottom of the adjuster (the part that the spring rests against at the top) was almost flush with the bottom of the thing it screws into (perch?)

This gives a 2 finger gap in the front and a little less in the rearwith my stock 225/45/17's on my Goals. Wondering if I should lower the front a little to even it out or raise the rear a bit instead. It rides fine and I'm not getting any weird noises at the current height. The fronts are at about the same height that I had with the Driver Gear springs before.

Thoughts?

Simmsled

Parking Garage > Tree
Car(s)
its not special.
I'm at 25in on my Koni coils. Run this way all the time due to Thunderbunny kit. Its perfect.

You're in good shape by a long shot.

Last edited:

coombs

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys. Think ive decided im going to go with these coils instead of a cup kit setup. Can anyone tell me how easy/difficult it is to adjust the height of these while on the car? Just want to make sure ill actually do that for winter before i spend the extra cash on coils.

Simmsled

Parking Garage > Tree
Car(s)
its not special.
Hey guys. Think ive decided im going to go with these coils instead of a cup kit setup. Can anyone tell me how easy/difficult it is to adjust the height of these while on the car? Just want to make sure ill actually do that for winter before i spend the extra cash on coils.

You can adjust the fronts by just jacking up the car and accessing the perches there; no need to remove the wheel.

It is possible to adjust the rears while the wheels are on, but it is easier (and quicker) if you just jack it up and remove the wheel.

When raising them for winter... remember to NOT go past 25 inches (ground to fender). Trust me on this one. The springs do not like it.

coombs

Passed Driver's Ed
You can adjust the fronts by just jacking up the car and accessing the perches there; no need to remove the wheel.
It is possible to adjust the rears while the wheels are on, but it is easier (and quicker) if you just jack it up and remove the wheel.

When raising them for winter... remember to NOT go past 25 inches (ground to fender). Trust me on this one. The springs do not like it.

Thanks Simmsled. So with the tires off in the rear its pretty easy? Does the kit come with whatever tool is needed to adjust? Do you know approx how many threads from say bottom is the max i should raise for winter?

Simmsled

Parking Garage > Tree
Car(s)
its not special.
Thanks Simmsled. So with the tires off in the rear its pretty easy? Does the kit come with whatever tool is needed to adjust? Do you know approx how many threads from say bottom is the max i should raise for winter?

Yup, comes with everything.

As for the threads... you'll have to wait till spring droop sets in to see where you are.

pjunk1

i couldn't find the info on the audi forums so i'm asking you guys since you know a lot more about koni co's.

how much more did your car drop after the springs settled? i've heard as much as 1" in the front and 1/2" in the rear. does this sound about right?

thanks guys!