GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LBJ, D-Wade, Bosh, Amare...

Squish_GTI

Ball till I fall
Car(s)
MkV GTI
Hmmm Interesting. I still have a hunch that those three have long decided where they were going and this is all for the movies they are shooting at this point and showing the league who is boss.

Also side note, the Eastern conference will finally be the power house conference again it seems. Amare is more than likely going to the Knicks, and it looks like Carmelo will join him there after his contract is up, or a possible trade deal. The Kicks with Amare, and Carmelo would definitely be a good team, and NYC is definitely a much more Carmelo Anthony friendly city than denver in my opinion. Looks like it would be a perfect match for the city and its potential players, more so than LeBron and NYC. Now lets see who the nets can pick up over the next season or two, and where D Howard and Chris Paul go when they become free. I personally think hes getting the hell out of Orlando if SVG is still the coach there, they don't run any plays for him and he has to work his ass off for every point and rebound he gets.

Wow, could you imagine Amar'e and Melo in NY???!!?! damn, that'd be fun to watch.
I also thought Chris Paul was sick of NOH and wanted out? Maybe a trade happenin there too.. who knows.
No matter what these guys decided on and how much they're playin the league right now, it's pretty damn interesting and one of the funnest off-season stories in the NBA, I think ever.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Wow, could you imagine Amar'e and Melo in NY???!!?! damn, that'd be fun to watch.
I also thought Chris Paul was sick of NOH and wanted out? Maybe a trade happenin there too.. who knows.
No matter what these guys decided on and how much they're playin the league right now, it's pretty damn interesting and one of the funnest off-season stories in the NBA, I think ever.

Hornets are for sale, and they need Paul on the roster for the team to have any substance, but yeah he wanted out.

ARES MKV

Ready to race!
Paul just gave them an Ultimatum a couple days ago basically, saying he wants to win or he wont be staying.

The east is about to be pretty damn stacked, although if I know the lakers, and I think I do , look for them to get Paul when he becomes a free agent, or if any sign and trade offers come out of N.O. Don't forget that BS deal in which they got gasol for Kwame.....

This is the week, I hope everyone is excited, If Lebron Stays in cleveland, there should be some people getting traded out of there to make him happy. Namely Delonte West, for obvious reasons, Daniel Gibson, Anthony Parker, maybe even Mo Williams. Mo had one good game int he playoffs int he past two seasons, that is not going to cut it. Cleveland desperately needs a PG, and now once again a Center. Why they sid Varajoa for that four years 9.5 Mil deal makes no sense, I guess they could trade him, but what team, and who could you really get for him? Dude has been in the league how many years and just learned how to shoot the ball?

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Why they sid Varajoa for that four years 9.5 Mil deal makes no sense, I guess they could trade him, but what team, and who could you really get for him? Dude has been in the league how many years and just learned how to shoot the ball?

What? You don't watch that many Cavs games or something. Many a time, whether it be Van Gundy commentating, Reggie Miller, or who ever...I've heard many people say that he would have got their vote for the 6th man of the year award. Granted he doesn't put up the points of a couple of the others, but what he does on the court can't be measured in points. He gets under the skin of everybody he guards (regardless of who they are), gives 110% the whole time he's on the floor, stays for the rebound and second shot attempt, takes the charge, etc, etc. Chances are that anyone who's a fan of Cleveland will say that Varajoa's a keeper.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I just saw today that the Nets interviewed Joe D for the general manager job... He did great things for the Pistons assembling that 04 Championship team.

ARES MKV

Ready to race!
What? You don't watch that many Cavs games or something. Many a time, whether it be Van Gundy commentating, Reggie Miller, or who ever...I've heard many people say that he would have got their vote for the 6th man of the year award. Granted he doesn't put up the points of a couple of the others, but what he does on the court can't be measured in points. He gets under the skin of everybody he guards (regardless of who they are), gives 110% the whole time he's on the floor, stays for the rebound and second shot attempt, takes the charge, etc, etc. Chances are that anyone who's a fan of Cleveland will say that Varajoa's a keeper.

Is he worth 9.5 Million a year? He is a 4.5 Mil player at best. I watched almost every cavs game I could living in Los Angeles with out the NBA package. His season average last year was 8.6 Points, 7.6 Rebounds. I ask once again, is that worth 9.5 Million? That is the problem with cleveland, that is why cleveland will never win a championship, that city falls in love with players, Big Z is a HUGE example of that, that dude can barely move up the court at this point. Until Cleveland gets an Owner with the balls to go against the fans and get rid of these players, they wont win shit. That is why the Lakers win, they aren't afraid to lose a fan favorite player in order to up their chances of winning.

Andy is a liability when the game is on the line, he plays with his heart the whole game instead of his head. That is fine int he regular season, but look at another player like KG who has the same playing style. When the game is on the line, KG steps up and uses his head to get the other team to foul him, while andy is more likely to get a technical called on him at a key moment in the game.

Also Hickson should of had much more playing time last season than he got, especially in the playoffs. KG is like 50 years old, you but a young guy like hickson on him and have him run the pick and roll, and run and gun and you will have KG gassed out by the first half, and then you can bring in a guy like Jamison to back him down and do that hook shot and completely tear him apart. Speaking of Jamison, Hi, Antwan would you mind learning how to play some defense? Thank you.

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
what do my fellow NY fans think of us signing Amare?

applemonkey

I've got hoes
i hate amare...cries for the ball all the time and doesnt play a lick of defense. Ever wonder why the suns couldnt get past the second round of the playoffs with arguably one of the best pg in the league?

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Is he worth 9.5 Million a year? He is a 4.5 Mil player at best. I watched almost every cavs game I could living in Los Angeles with out the NBA package. His season average last year was 8.6 Points, 7.6 Rebounds. I ask once again, is that worth 9.5 Million? That is the problem with cleveland, that is why cleveland will never win a championship, that city falls in love with players, Big Z is a HUGE example of that, that dude can barely move up the court at this point. Until Cleveland gets an Owner with the balls to go against the fans and get rid of these players, they wont win shit. That is why the Lakers win, they aren't afraid to lose a fan favorite player in order to up their chances of winning.

Andy is a liability when the game is on the line, he plays with his heart the whole game instead of his head. That is fine int he regular season, but look at another player like KG who has the same playing style. When the game is on the line, KG steps up and uses his head to get the other team to foul him, while andy is more likely to get a technical called on him at a key moment in the game.

I disagree. Like I was saying, you can't look at the numbers stats to see what Varajao does on the court. I'm convinced you're not really aware of it, or you just don't get to catch enough of the Cavs. He wouldn't have been in the talks of many for 6th player of the year if he didn't contribute in a major way. Obvisouly it's not in the points area. So he must be a major contributor in other ways right? Although I'll take his almost 8 rebound avg coming off the bench every game of the week. He sparks the whole team when he comes onto the court and lifts everyone's game around him.

Meh...it's safe to say we don't see him eye to eye. That's cool. I'm fine with agreeing to disagree. Now, you're right in that there are other players we're paying that aren't worth it and we definitely need to do a little "cleaning up" of the roster. I just don't think he's one of them.

Squish_GTI

Ball till I fall
Car(s)
MkV GTI
I see Varejao the same way I see Hedo Turkoglu. Overpaid.

I think Amare will give NY fans something to cheer about, like exciting basketball. That city won't win unless they sign LeBron or Tony Parker, but it's helluvalot better watching Amare throw it down on someone 5 times a game vs. Galinari throwing threes from half court just kuz he can. Also, having Amare on a team invites other Free Agents to sign with NY, it opens up many doors. It was a GREAT trade for NY who will now suddenly find themselves in the Eastern playoff mix.
Throw in Agent Zero in that team, and NY will be one of my fav teams for sure.