GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lost keys

wale

Go Kart Champion
where can i get a spare key with the remote and all? mine just went down the lu with my cell phone.:yikes:

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
ouch, that blows hardcore. was it before or after the "lu" was used?

wale

Go Kart Champion
dude never mind about that.. i got the phone out, but it was too late.. i tried to get the key, but it sunk, so there was nothing i could do..

attheline

dubbin it
Car(s)
07 MKV GTI
how did you manage that?

attheline

dubbin it
Car(s)
07 MKV GTI
sux man, does your spare set of keys not have the remote? might have to go to the dealership to get another set, theyll probably charge you though

wale

Go Kart Champion
i have 1 more remote spare, but like tonight, accidents can happen... i just want to know if ne1 here has had to order new extra keys...

mikegabriel

Banned
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
Believe they are ordered straight from Germany as well with your VIN and when you get them you have to go to your dealer to get it programmed. Hard to say if they will charge you for that too. But yeah... Expensive.

chunkisagoonie

VW Lifer
Car(s)
'97 Golf Jazz
Your factory key set came with a little plastic tag that has a unique number on it. That's your key code. You have to give your dealer the code and prepare for rape...

mikegabriel

Banned
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
Your factory key set came with a little plastic tag that has a unique number on it. That's your key code. You have to give your dealer the code and prepare for rape...

And rape is the technical term there too :eyebulge: