GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My second build on my 08 GTI

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Thanks, there had been a hold up on the wiring of the Aquamist system until today. Now the wiring can be done and next stop will be the dyno. Right now just waiting for Eurodyne cable to get here. The Eibach R1 coils are on.

Visited car today just to reassure it that I was still the owner and that it would come home soon.

The Neuspeed 5 spokes 18x8 with Mich Sport Cup 2 went on today and they fit easily over the big 18z calipers with room to spare.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Hell yes, good to see someone else running Steinjager endlinks. They make one hell of a product! Just make sure you keep those joints lubed or they get noisy. How long till shes back in your hands?!

I am at the mercy of circumstance which changes daily for AU Tuning which is just normal stuff.

For the last 3+ weeks they have been working with Aquamist to solve a wiring issue for the FailSafe portion of the system. They finally got, what turned out to be a wiring diagram mistake by the manufacturer solved. They are Aquamist dealers thank goodness.

He said when I was there yesterday that he will finish Aquamist up in a day or two. Then as soon as the Eurodyne cable arrives, it is off to the dyno for tuning. Then suspension tuning. Then I get it back. How long..... hopefully before XMAS. I have not driven the car since July 2017...... It will be like getting a new car.

I have so many sphericals under the car I will set aside a regular maint day for them. I tried to stiffen up everything I could, including all 3 Unibraces and of course the Tyrolsport subframe kits and the 034 billet engine and trans mounts.

Tubular fr control arms (4)
Sway bar end links (8)
034 Rear control arms (4)
034 Billlet dogbone (1)
034 Rear trailing arms (2)
034 Rear toe link arms (4)

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Oh man, you're going to love it on the track, but hate it on the street lol. My racecar is almost unbearable to drive on the street, especially now that its gutted lol.

Add to that, I have also removed the balance shafts..... and I expect it will be pretty rough on the street but it will only be driven short distances, this will be mostly for track days going forward.

I think I am going to build a 944 with an LS3 e-Rod motor for my daily. I can get it smog certified in California as long as it is 95 or older. Wanted to do the Boxster but that is 96 on. Lots of nice 944/968 out there for not a whole lot of money. 914 would be preferred but prices on those going up and not easy to find for the price I can get a 944 for.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
The RS3 brake ducts came in.

Now to figure out how to mount them on the tubular control arms.

Last edited:

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Will do.
Hey Das are you running Stienjager front sway bar links?

Wow, just saw this, sorry for the extremely delayed response. I had them when I was running the B&G coilovers due to the weird length needed for their mount tab location. Absolutely loved them. Once my Whitelines wear out I'll be going back to Steinjager on all 4 corners.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Add to that, I have also removed the balance shafts..... and I expect it will be pretty rough on the street but it will only be driven short distances, this will be mostly for track days going forward.

I think I am going to build a 944 with an LS3 e-Rod motor for my daily. I can get it smog certified in California as long as it is 95 or older. Wanted to do the Boxster but that is 96 on. Lots of nice 944/968 out there for not a whole lot of money. 914 would be preferred but prices on those going up and not easy to find for the price I can get a 944 for.

My car isn't bad with the balance shafts deleted once you're above idle honestly. Also, are you me? Currently in the process of assembling an LS1 to put in my 944 :lol:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
My car isn't bad with the balance shafts deleted once you're above idle honestly. Also, are you me? Currently in the process of assembling an LS1 to put in my 944 :lol:

Good to hear that balance shaft removal is not so bad.

I always wanted to put a V8 in my 240z but never got around to it and sold it. I wanted to put a V8 in my 911 but never got around to it and sold it. The 944 is such a great candidate (also affordable) and with the E-Rod LS3 you can get an SB100 smog exemption in California if you put it in a 95 or older car. Of course you can put anything you want in any car that is 74 or older and it will be exempt.

Lot of us out there that love the power.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
If you're doing a 944, definitely make sure you start with a turbo. It will save you a lot of headache in the long run.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Hi Bro, any update?

Spoke to them yesterday. Aquamist finished up. The TTRS LPFP and the Torquebyte PM3 get installed next, then off to dyno.

We will do 91 tune, 91 + water meth, 91 with e85 blend + w/m, full e85 with w/m. Will see if we need 5th injector. Goal is to build something I can beat on all day long at the track.