GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OT: Is this a man or a woman? Discuss

Is this a man or a woman?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iluvbrownale

White Lightning
for just one moment, i'm going to be serious: you have to hand it to someone who is so comfortable in their own skin as to not care one bit what other people think about their looks, especially when you consider that 99.9999% of people are judgmental, which is really only likely to be detrimental to her career, social life etc. The fact that she knows that and yet still looks that way is commendable and only shows how much we fall short in determining 'worth' on more than the quality of a persons self.

Moment over.......bwah hahahhahahahah!!!!! Fuckin shave Sheila!

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
Our tax money get's pissed away on her research as well :thumbdown:

Imagine the uproar and bra burning if there was a 'Men's Studies Department' at major universities.

http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~content=a914016627&db=all

Morality and Patriarchal White Sovereignty

THREE STORIES OF GANG RAPE IN AUSTRALIA

Abstract
This article offers a reading of three separate stories of gang rapes that have been prominent in the Australian media since 2000. The men involved - an Indigenous leader, young Sydney men identified as Muslim and several ostensibly un-raced professional footballers, have been positioned through different legal outcomes, media representations and through a prominently deployed discourse of morality. The article locates the gang rape stories in mutual inter-relationship with the expression of racism in Australia and the performance of 'patriarchal white sovereignty' by the Australian state in the 2000s in the global climate since 11 September 2001. It argues that the politics of race and whiteness, and the protocols for their speaking, have been central in the telling of the rape stories. These stories of gang rape have also created differently racialized positions for women including some remarkably respectful mainstream representations of the women raped by non-white men. The article concludes that these stories perform a gendered and raced moral justification for the racist and colonialist policies of the Australian state, both within national borders and beyond, that characterized the national government led by Prime Minister John Howard (1996-2007).

http://www.c-s-p.org/Flyers/978-1-4438-0169-0-sample.pdf

Part Two, on “Gender, Violence and Protection” begins with Barbara
Baird’s analysis of “men behaving badly” in Chapter Six. Baird takes up
R. W. Connell’s pioneering concept of “hegemonic masculinity” in a
discussion of recent (allegations of) bad behaviour by professional
footballers in Australia. The chapter details the material and discursive
responses to public revelations of abusive behaviour by footballers and
finds that when men who embody the hegemonic ideals of masculinity
behave badly, a range of strategies conspire to mitigate the behaviour.
Baird outlines the value of silence, the value of boys and men, the value of
women, of money and of an aberration, to argue that discourses of race
and whiteness are central to understanding the maintenance of hegemonic
masculinity.

http://intersections.anu.edu.au/issue19/baird.htm

The social and cultural changes that have followed the fall of the Suharto regime in Indonesia in 1998 provide a backdrop to the articles included in this issue. The decade since the end of the New Order has seen an increasing public presence of women and enhanced freedom of speech for all, although neither of these phenomena goes without contest. The rise of political Islam is the source of most opposition to women's new freedoms and decentralisation has, in some regions, lead to the implementation of conservative measures which would not otherwise have found public space.[1] The interrelation of these changes with the wider sweep of globalisation and, in some articles, with the legacies of pre-modern ethnic cultures also set the scene.

iluvbrownale

White Lightning
Imagine the uproar and bra burning if there was a 'Men's Studies Department' at major universities.

totally agree on that one. anything sex based gets my goat: ladies night, international womens day, woman of the year, business woman of the year. All outrageously sexist.

my local gym had a "free joining fee for women this month" - i went in and they refused to honour it for me as they correctly had me down for "a man". I pointed out that this was blatent sex based discrimination and they wouldn't have it. Imagine of it were the other way around.

True feminists (and i count myself as one) are equally appalled at the special treatment women receive just as much as anyone. equal rights means equality.

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
All women are equal, but some women are more equal than others. :thumbsup:

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
totally agree on that one. anything sex based gets my goat: ladies night, international womens day, woman of the year, business woman of the year. All outrageously sexist.

Seems that this associate professor has ticked all the minority boxes to support

[X] Homosexuals (she's one from one of her articles and is a celebrant for gay weddings/unions/whatever)
[X] Aboriginals
[X] Females
[X] Ethnic groups

my local gym had a "free joining fee for women this month" - i went in and they refused to honour it for me as they correctly had me down for "a man". I pointed out that this was blatent sex based discrimination and they wouldn't have it. Imagine of it were the other way around.

:lol: I wonder how our associate professor would get on when they turned her away as they don't allow scum sucking males to join :lol:

True feminists (and i count myself as one) are equally appalled at the special treatment women receive just as much as anyone. equal rights means equality.

:bow: I get sick of the bullshit with all the concessions made for females (and others) to get the statistics looking good in the annual report. It's not just females but it's allowing any of the minority groups (and the unis/government are really bad at this) to be promoted to positions that they are not qualified for and bypassing others who should have been promoted/hired on merit just so the stats look better.

Jobs should go to those that deserve it whether they be male, female, black, white or fanta pants and not because they make the stats look good and physical standards shouldn't be dropped to make allowances (ie police) just for the purposes of increasing the numbers. All these concessions do is breed resentment.

Bizi

Jetta with Rice
Car(s)
Jetta MY07
I read Susan Boyle is on the lookout for a boyfriend... luv the chop!