My little brother bought a new Civic Si this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

f_399

07 GTI and 06 Passat
your a funny guy

the article you showed was actually against your personal experience

....then you explain why the article you posted was biased

that leaves you alone in the dark with your experience... there was even a video LOL!

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
I do like the torque in the VW to the revs in a Japanese car, from my personal experience every time I drive my mazda 3 I freakin hate how it bogs on short shifting to save gas, on the rabbit in normal driving conditions I never rev past 2200 unless I'm on the highway. My favorite thing about my car is that you drop the tach needle just about anywhere from 800rpm to the chipped 6800rpm redline and theres fairly violent power at low speeds and a steady surge at high speeds and from 2500 to 5500 it just rips. Not to mention all the crazy ass noises the 2.5 makes with intake chip and exhaust compared to well actually the 2.0 in the 3 is just like a stock 2.5 in that all you can hear is the air pump wheeze though theres a hint of lawnmower underneath.

thomaschh

Banned
The article stated the GTI is faster. I then also pointed out inconsistencies in said article where it states superiority of the Si which seem to contradict the numbers. This does not go against anything I've said or experienced.

There is a saying I'd like to insert here,
"What a foolish man sees for truth a wise man cannot reason him out of."

And with that I retire from this thread because you're obviously the fool and are also obviously not yet of the age that you have begun to use your critical thinking cap. P.S I'm not only funny but I use grammar correctly!

thomaschh

Banned
I'm also adding this because it's disgusting and funny.

golow

Old and sexy
Car(s)
MKV GTI - Stage 1
Thomas,

You're right the Si feels slow and sluggish. It's nowhere near the GTI in build or feel.

But you are wrong about how slow it really is. I raced a friend's Si with my GIAC in "stock" mode. I won by 1 car in 1/4 mile (est). Repeated a few times. We switched cars for a couple of runs with basically the same result.

In pump settings (93) I buried him and actually launched much better just because I am used to it.

Feels slower - absolutely
Is slower - not really

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
:lol:

You guys, arguing about what happens in magazines vs. seat of your pants. I suppose if your priority is racing, and you will actually be racing on tracks on a regular basis, then you might consider what magazines say (and question their accuracy). If you've got to put in some miles on the road, why does it matter what they say? Shouldn't your own butt matter more?

And in low-end torque vs. high-rev HP -- some people prefer one over the other for daily driving. That's all that matters...what the driver likes. The rest is just words.

koreanguy57

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
volkswagen rabbit 07
"Our best time to 60 mph was 6.33 seconds and a quarter-mile of 14.72 seconds at 94.9 mph for the GTI."

"The Honda is around two-tenths of a second slower than the VW, posting a 6.53-second time to 60 mph, and a 14.93-second run at 95.7 mph for the quarter-mile."

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060501/FREE/60419006/1012/FREE

:laughabove:

u just contradicted urself

those 2 times are very close compared to ur bullshit of saying the gti is worlds apart, but then again, the gti driver must have been a "tool"

thomaschh

Banned
You really aren't bright are you? Did you even read all the posts or do you have the same problems with reading the other tool does?

thomaschh

Banned
says the village idiot who doesn't even understand what's going on. Nice. LOL

Edit:
hold on a second, this is just too dumb. I post that I think the Si sucks and is slow not in the same class as the GTI and you argue about degrees of slow and make no point and say I fail? Derrrr...

Hello, anyone there?

Status
Not open for further replies.