GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My little brother bought a new Civic Si this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomaschh

Banned
You don't read thoroughly do you? This is the second time you've made this mistake. You're supposed to learn from them so you don't make them twice, yes? : )

f_399

07 GTI and 06 Passat

crabpot

Awesomesauce
For the love ...

I have never driven an Si but I have read plenty about them and watched videos (fifth gear). The Si is a fast car, don't let it fool you. The problem with it is that you have to rev the shit out of it to get any sort of torque. Our car has so much torque at low rpms (especially when chipped) that a GTI would seem much faster.

VTEC FTL.

Doesn't matter to me though, I would never own an Si. Not even if you paid me.

thomaschh

Banned
Yeah, I'd say it's slower. Drag racers kill over 2/10's. Interestingly it's the same difference between 0-60 and the 1/4 mile... It trapped higher but arrived slower. Then further in the article they claim the Si is quicker to 100. Not seeing how that's possible given the numbers stated. What does this say to you?

And yes, I am also pointing out that you obviously missed that initially.

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-

Z32 GTI MkV

9 Ball Champ
Car(s)
1990 Nissan TT 300zx
I got my GTI as a DD with a little bit more umph, That's what my TT Z is for.
I avoided the Civic because
1. Ugly
2.Cheap construction quality
3.Honda fan-boy stereotypes
so if you two are done bitching, I say :sign0052:

oh yeah Stock GTI's are SLOW.

f_399

07 GTI and 06 Passat
fair enough

stock for stock, thomas thinks its sooo slow when in fact it isnt

but he wont accept that FACT

thomaschh

Banned
For the love ...

I have never driven an Si but I have read plenty about them and watched videos (fifth gear). The Si is a fast car, don't let it fool you. The problem with it is that you have to rev the shit out of it to get any sort of torque. Our car has so much torque at low rpms (especially when chipped) that a GTI would seem much faster.

VTEC FTL.

Doesn't matter to me though, I would never own an Si. Not even if you paid me.

^ Agreed, which is what I've been saying. :mad0259: LOL

thomaschh

Banned
fair enough

stock for stock, thomas thinks its sooo slow when in fact it isnt

but he wont accept that FACT

Are we really arguing over semantics now. I'm getting bored. Baaa baaa black sheep...

Maybe it's just that our definitions of "slow" are different. :readthethread:

f_399

07 GTI and 06 Passat
Yeah, I'd say it's slower. Drag racers kill over 2/10's. Interestingly it's the same difference between 0-60 and the 1/4 mile... It trapped higher but arrived slower. Then further in the article they claim the Si is quicker to 100. Not seeing how that's possible given the numbers stated. What does this say to you?

And yes, I am also pointing out that you obviously missed that initially.

the better you get off the line(60'), the worse your 1/4 mph will be

just shows the gti with its torque got of the line much quicker then the gti

that doesnt matter though because my argument was that the Si isnt as slow as you depicted it to be

Z32 GTI MkV

9 Ball Champ
Car(s)
1990 Nissan TT 300zx

thomaschh

Banned
IT'S SLOW. You wanted an article and I gave it to you and now we're still arguing?!

The magazines are overstating it. YES, ALL OF THEM. Don't you understand how business works? If you piss off your customers they do not patron your store (or magazine) and you lose advertising income. What do you think would happen if a magazine - any magazine - depicted the GTI for it's actual FAR superiority in every single way? Here's what - a bunch of wanker honda kids would lambaste it and Honda would pull advertising dollars and so on and so forth. Understand yet?

Jeezus guy, don't make me explain these things. Go drive one and shut up about it. Zoikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.