GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Evaporation System Part Replacement?

Barrett

veeeeeduuub
Car(s)
08 GTI MKV
Hey guys, so I recently ran out of warranty and I'm going to sort this out with a german automotive guy I know in the area, he was the one that told me my "Evap System" was throwing a code and then when I asked him what specific part he showed me in the bay and it's shown in the photos below. Anyway, I can't call him right now because it's Sunday, neither do I want to bother him too much and I know I can probably replace this myself. I want to see if there are any knowledgeable guys out there that can help me determine this part number so I can order it and get it replaced.

As you can see, the numbers etched on the part are as follows, from left to right:
"1 RSV"
and
"21411"

Those don't seem to be part numbers. Also, I couldn't find a schematic on a parts website that shows a similar part.

Any help is greatly appreciated and will assist me tremendously. Cheers from central Texas!

CPT.SLO

Passed Driver's Ed
That's your front PCV valve. A very common part to fail. You could replace it with the same valve or upgrade to a catch can kit, which will help a little with carbon build up on valves, and remove some oil in your charge pipes. The part number for the valve is 06F129101P. Here it is on ECS. A pretty easy part to replace.

Barrett

veeeeeduuub
Car(s)
08 GTI MKV
That's your front PCV valve. A very common part to fail. You could replace it with the same valve or upgrade to a catch can kit, which will help a little with carbon build up on valves, and remove some oil in your charge pipes. The part number for the valve is 06F129101P. Here it is on ECS. A pretty easy part to replace.

:happyanim: Thanks man! I'm gunna do some catch can research now.

TKeeports

RED GTI
Car(s)
2006 Red GTI
Perhaps you know this already, but there was an extended warrantee issued on that part. I got a letter from VW extending the warrantee to 10 years/120K roughly three years ago (I'm a second owner).

This part eventually failed along with the fuel pump cam follower and I had some extensive damage. I took pics of all the damaged parts and wrote a nice letter and sent it, along with the pics and warrantee letter, to VW of North America. They sent me a check for $1950. Needless to say I was shocked and very happy. That check did not cover all the repair work, but I opted to have the timing belt, timing chain, water pump, etc replaced when the PCV, fuel pump, cam follower, and overhead cam had to be replaced.

I had the work done at an independent shop and the letter stated they recommended work be done at VW, but I did not have that option at the time I needed the dub fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk